Driving the global transition from the front
Pure-play pioneer. Technological innovator. Development standard-setter. Value-chain enabler. These are some of the reasons why we are an acknowledged leader in the renewable energy sector. But most importantly, we hold this position because we are a trusted partner.
It is through our effective engagement that we are helping local communities to share in the social and economic benefits of the energy transition, helping countries to clear pathways to energy security and their net-zero targets, working with industry to gain early mover advantage in regional green supply chains, and supporting our own renewable energy sector to set the agenda on global climate action.
Our authoritative voice as a change-maker is helping to make tomorrow’s world truly sustainable.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leader in working with countries and communities to deliver the clean energy transition in new marketsAlok Sharma MP, President COP26, August 2021
Leading the global industry
We are an authoritative voice of renewable energy, and by amplifying it through industry bodies, innovation forums and special interest groups – around 65 at the current count – we are helping to set the policy agendas that will accelerate the energy transition.
Our people are doing this at every level, from their seats in more than 20 boardrooms and from positions on over 80 committees, taskforces and working groups.
On the international stage, we are one of the industry ‘Global Leaders’ shaping strategies – from COP manifestos to offshore wind in Japan – for the influential Global Wind Energy Council.
And reflecting our geographical reach, Mainstream representatives are sharing their expertise in areas as diverse as grid connectivity and project governance with some two dozen national and regional networks. Low profile work that will have big impact in the coming decade.
How We’re Shaping The Future
Advocating in face-to-face meetings with policy leaders, formulating on the boards and taskforces of international coalitions, informing through thought-leadership articles and conference speaking engagements. Our colleagues are setting the narratives on everything from climate actions to diversity and inclusion. We are a change maker, and here are stories that show how we do it.
Engagment that is driving global transition
In sharing our deep expertise with policy makers, key stakeholders and other industry players, we have become a trusted partner of governments creating pathways to net zero and energy security success.
Equipping countries to become renewable energy leaders
We are working hand-in-hand with governments like Vietnam’s to help create environments that can rapidly build wind and solar energy capacity, and deliver sustainable opportunities for their communities, their industries and the environment.
Find out how Mainstream is helping Vietnam build its wind and solar capacity.
Building the UK’s offshore wind supply chains
Through our partnership with Siemens Financial Services, we were part of the UK’s biggest offshore wind supply chain success story. The partnership achieved great success in developing a sustainable offshore wind supply chain in the Humber region, following our development of the Hornsea zone – the biggest offshore wind farm in the world. The partnership enabled a competitive offshore-centred economy in the region, including Siemens Gamesa’s immensely successful blade manufacturing facility and service hub located at Green Port, Hull. Combined, these activities have created approximately 1,000 jobs.
- Mainstream founded by Dr. Eddie O’Connor
- Total capital raised from Barclays, retail investors and employees – €72 million
- Mainstream enters Chilean market
- Mainstream enters South Africa market
- Awarded development rights for 450 MW Neart na Gaoithe offshore wind farm
- Retail investor funding round closes with €17 million raised
- Macquarie provided €40 million corporate facility
- First three assets in South Africa reach commercial operation; Jeffreys bay wind farm, De Aar and Droogfontein solar farms.
- Consent granted for Neart na Gaoithe (Scotland) and Hornsea (England) offshore wind farms
- Mainstream’s first Chilean asset reached commercial operation; the 33 MW Negrete Cuel wind farm
- The Condor portfolio of projects (three wind and one solar) in Chile, starts construction (part of Andes Renovables platform)
- Increased trade finance facility up to €200 million
- The first 200 MW of the Soc Trang offshore wind farm in Vietnam is included in the government’s Power Development Plan VII
- The 630 MW Huemul portfolio, part of the Andes Renovables platform, reached financial close
- 12MW Raragh wind farm I Ireland sold to Blackrock Investment Management
- Mainstream closed $280m construction finance facility
- Aker Horizons acquires 75% of Mainstream
- Launched the 1 GW Nazca Renovables platform in Chile
- Completed planned divestment of Chilean JV Aela Energia.
- Mainstream sells Lekala Power, the African continent’s largest pureplay renewable energy independent power producer (IPP) with over 1 GW of fully operational wind assets