Our Track Record
Since Mainstream was founded in 2008 we have grown significantly to become a global renewable energy company with a presence in 4 continents. We have a strong track record for delivering wind and solar generation assets at scale across global markets.
6.5 GW delivered to financial close-ready
Mainstream has delivered 6.5 GW of assets to financial close-ready across onshore wind, solar and offshore wind technologies in nine countries, and in doing so has raised over EUR 3 billion in project finance.
- Mainstream founded by Dr. Eddie O’Connor
- Total capital raised from Barclays, retail investors and employees – €72 million
- Mainstream enters Chilean market
- Mainstream enters South Africa market
- Awarded development rights for 450 MW Neart na Gaoithe offshore wind farm
- Retail investor funding round closes with €17 million raised
- Macquarie provided €40 million corporate facility
- First three assets in South Africa reach commercial operation; Jeffreys bay wind farm, De Aar and Droogfontein solar farms.
- Consent granted for Neart na Gaoithe (Scotland) and Hornsea (England) offshore wind farms
- Mainstream’s first Chilean asset reached commercial operation; the 33 MW Negrete Cuel wind farm
- The Condor portfolio of projects (three wind and one solar) in Chile, starts construction (part of Andes Renovables platform)
- Increased trade finance facility up to €200 million
- The first 200 MW of the Soc Trang offshore wind farm in Vietnam is included in the government’s Power Development Plan VII
- The 630 MW Huemul portfolio, part of the Andes Renovables platform, reached financial close
- 12MW Raragh wind farm I Ireland sold to Blackrock Investment Management
- Mainstream closed $280m construction finance facility
- Aker Horizons acquires 75% of Mainstream
- Launched the 1 GW Nazca Renovables platform in Chile
- Completed planned divestment of Chilean JV Aela Energia.
- Mainstream sells Lekala Power, the African continent’s largest pureplay renewable energy independent power producer (IPP) with over 1 GW of fully operational wind assets