Job Location: Japan, flexible dependent on project stage
Reporting to: Project Director/ Country Head
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Mainstream RP Japan is uniquely placed to help Japan through the ongoing energy transition in its path to carbon neutrality in 2050. Mainstream is currently owned 58.43% by Aker Horizons, part of the Aker Group, the world’s leading marine structure builder with an unparalleled experience in floating technology and 24.89% by Mitsui & Co.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Project Manager for specific projects within Japanese Offshore Business. The Project Manager will report to the Project Director/Country Head.
What you will do?
As our Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to develop and mature our floating and fixed bottom offshore wind projects. You will be responsible for:
- The project’s program, schedule and budget, specifically
- Working with the project team and package managers create and maintain an appropriate Project program featuring a clear critical path to seabed lease acquisitions in line with local market conditions
- Overlaying and maintaining the program’s budgetary and scheduling considerations in the Project Program
- Presenting and explaining the Project to internal and external stakeholders as necessary
- Weekly reporting on Project Program, Schedule and Budget position
- Ensuring Project activities are compliant with Mainstream’s RP SGD principles
- Driving the highest standards of SHEQ within processes, activities and the mindsets of team members and project stakeholders
What We Require:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, formal Project Management qualifications e.g. PMI etc., will be highly regarded
- 5+ years of relevant project management experience, ideally preferably in long project cycle marine construction areas such as oil and gas or heavy industry with significant and varied stakeholder groups and complex consenting regimes
- Able to manage and unify various package managers and workstreams into a coherent whole, ensuring a “one team, one goal” approach across the Project
- Experience in electrical generation projects though which an understanding of grid, grid connection and generation export and distribution issues has been gained will be highly regarded
- Ability in project management software (apart from Excel) such as MS Project or similar to aid in reporting and management understanding of project status, critical path and progress will be highly regarded
- English business level, Japanese ability will be a big plus
- Excellent communications skills, also across cultures, and the ability to present and communicate complex matters
- The ability to travel domestically and abroad
- Can fluently balance attention to detail while understanding the “big picture”
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.