- Reporting to: Legal & Compliance Manger, LatAm
- Department: MRP Brazil
- Job Location: São Paulo, Brazil
- Travel Required: National & International Travel
Mainstream Renewable Power is firmly on track to becoming one of the world’s first pure-play renewable energy majors, specializing in the development of onshore and offshore wind and solar projects. It is focused on expanding its current development portfolio of 16.9 GW with plans to bring 5.5 GW to financial close by 2023.
In 2021, Mainstream signed an equity investment deal with Aker Horizons to acquire 75% of Mainstream to accelerate the global expansion plans ahead of a planned IPO. In 2022, Mitsui invested EUR 575m in Mainstream to further accelerate growth.
Summary of Role:
The Corporate Lawyer will provide general advice to MRP Brazil and its affiliates in several matters pertaining to the development, financing, construction, and operation of renewable energy projects in Brazil, including solar and wind farms.
What will you do?
The Corporate Lawyer’s key responsibilities include the following:
- Provide regulatory, commercial, finance, corporate, and compliance advice to theCompany.
- Corporate governance for MRP Brazil and its associated SPVs.
- Support the Development and Construction team in drafting and executing legally enforceable land agreements, required permits (i.e., concession, easements, connection to the grid), EPC and BOP agreements for MRP projects.
- Support the Commercial and M&A team in negotiating PPAs and due diligence processes for acquiring projects (green field and ready to build).
- Work with the SMT in Chile and their teams to reduce the cost of third-party legal advisors and consultants.
- Lead and manage the legal team in Brazil.
- Provide legal advice to the Construction Team on BOP/ EPC contracts and negotiations.
- Assist the Commercial (PPAs and M&A) and Project Finance teams with documentation and contract negotiations.
- Assist corporate governance documents for the company.
- Assist the Development team in securing land, project connection to the GRID, transmission and permits.
- Assist with M&A processes for buying projects (greenfield and ready to build), due diligence, and financing.
What we require?
The candidate should have the following key skills:
- Knowledge of energy, civil law and construction legislation is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Project Finance and Compliance preferred.
- Fluency of Portuguese and English mandatory.
- Ability to engage with individuals of different cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A strategic thinker, with excellent planning & negotiation skills.
- A leader with the ability to anticipate problems and propose viable solutions.
Education and Experience
- Professional law degree, with minimum of eight years of experience working with infrastructure, project finance, construction, compliance, and corporate governance preferably in the power sector.
- Holding a master’s degree in an international law school is preferable.
- Portuguese and English are mandatory.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.