Joint Venture between:
Mainstream Renewable Power and Siemens Project Ventures
3,000 MW onshore
Danish utility, Ørsted
SMart Wind, the joint venture between Mainstream and Siemens Project Ventures, was formed in December 2009 to bid in The Crown Estate's Round 3 Programme. It successfully won the 4,000 MW Hornsea zone and successfully consented 3,000 MW. SMart Wind was sold to Danish utility, Ørsted in August 2015.
SMart Wind achieved its Triple Certification by Lloyds Register for Quality Assurance (LRQA) for its integrated Management System for Safety, Health, Environment and Quality. The certification verified standards complied with internationally recognised, ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
During the development stage, the SMart Wind team achieved a number of development highlights:
- 2015/ Project 2 consent submitted to planning Inspectorate.
- 2014/ Development Consent Order received for Project 1.
- 2012/ Receives The Crown Estate award.
- 2011/ Gains triple certification award from Lloyds Register.
- 2011/ Secures grid capacity for 3,000 MW.
- 2011/ Successfully installed Round 3's first met mast.
- 2011/ Signed Agreement for Lease with The Crown Estate.
- 2011/ £60m GeoTech agreement signed with Fugro.
- 2010/ Launched SMart Futures schools programme.
- 2010/ Contract won from The Crown Estate to develop 4,000 MW Hornsea site.