Job Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reporting to: Meteorological Station Manager - APAC
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power (Mainstream) is currently recruiting for a Meteorological Station Manager to support Mainstream’s solar and wind energy development in Vietnam and the APAC region. The successful candidate will be based in our Ho Chi Minh office and will be part of the global Energy Analysis Group (EAG). This position requires a highly organized candidate with excellent communication and contractor management skills. This position is a permanent position.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the installation, maintenance and decommissioning of temporary meteorological masts, remote sensing units (LiDARs), and solar measurement stations.
- Review meteorological station contractors for prequalification and selection. Establish relationships with contractors in the region to ensure that Mainstream receives optimal service from contractors, as well as from equipment and data suppliers.
- Review and approve contracts, SHEQ documentation, commissioning and maintenance reports for measurement stations ensuring compliance with Mainstream technical and SHEQ standards.
- Coordinate with contractors to ensure that required documentation is in place before work starts to ensure that work is done safely, efficiently, on-time, and in compliance with local law.
- Coordinate with local logistics partners on importation, customs clearance, and testing of necessary equipment.
- Interact with Mainstream’s internal departments including SHEQ, engineering, legal and development.
- Integrate measured meteorological data into Mainstream’s internal database and configuration of the stations.
- Oversee the collection and quality control of meteorological data to ensure maximum data coverage and minimum uncertainty. Ensure measurement equipment is kept in good working condition.
- Generate purchase orders for meteorological station installation and maintenance activities. Review payment requests and interface with Mainstream Accounts Team to oversee payments.
- Identify and implement improvements to Mainstream’s procedures and templates to support alignment with industry best practice and continuous improvement of the Energy Analysis function.
The above tasks will be carried out following the Energy Analysis Group’s standards.
What We Require:
- This role requires 3+ years of experience related to contractor/contracts management, document control, experience working in manufacturing or construction.
- Experience in Construction Management of Meteorological Stations, Meteorology and/or Measurements, especially in Vietnam, Indonesia, or Japan is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in Logistics and Importation in Vietnam, Indonesia or Japan is an advantage.
- Qualifications from the Vietnam Ministry of Labour, Invalids, and Social Affairs regarding Occupational Health and Safety Standards will be a distinct advantage.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail. Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop professional relationships with suppliers.
- Programming with Python or use of REACT and Windographer will be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written English. Ability to speak and read Vietnamese is a must. Other languages in Mainstream APAC markets is an advantage.
- Willingness and physically fit to travel domestically and internationally, to sites which are generally in remote areas with difficult terrain.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!