Job Location: BGC, Philippines
Reporting to: COO, APAC
Travel required: Travelling frequency is dependent on project requirements
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Cornerstone Energy Development, Inc. (CEDI) is a Philippine joint venture company between Mainstream Renewable Power and AboitizPower, responsible for the development of the Camarines Sur Wind project.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing, and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
AboitizPower, together with its partners, is the Philippines’ largest owner and operator of renewable energy based on installed capacity with an ambition to build an additional 3,700 MW of renewable energy, growing its existing Cleanergy capacity threefold by 2030.
Summary of Role:
The Head of Construction will be responsible to ensure Schedule, Cost, Quality & Safety delivery of the Camarines Sur Wind Project in Philippines. You will oversee a team of project managers who are on site managing the construction process for a group of wind and solar projects located at diverse locations around the country. The successful candidate will be responsible for verifying that construction is performed according to Mainstream’s Global Development Standards (GDS) and Employers Requirements (ER).
What You Will Do:
- Within a matrix structure lead the Project Managers responsible for delivering the projects from construction into operation safely, on time and to budget
- Actively drive for zero HSE incidents during the construction of projects
- Ensure the projects under construction are constructed and capable of being operated in accordance with local Health and Safety and Environment regulations and permits
- Ensure the projects under construction are built in accordance with Mainstream internal procedures and standards (including GDS and ERs) and contracts
- Actively lead the decision making regarding claims received and dispute resolution
- To participate in the construction project monthly meetings
- To set up technical visits to the factories to carry out due diligence on the manufacturing
- Ensure Project Managers keep issues and risk logs properly updated and promptly raise any issue that will require internal decision making
- To establish MRP Group Construction standards and implement and train all regions
- Issue project progress reports as requested by either lenders or internal management team
- Liaise and cooperate with other functional and regional teams
- Liaise and cooperate with external parties – banks, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies etc.
- Ability to work with electrical grid utilities to develop transmission grid connection plans
- Strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s procedures / processes using PMI® PMBOK®
- Supporting Development team on construction related matters and constructability reviews
- To lead groups focused on sharing of expertise, best practice and lessons learned globally
- Assist the Head of Global Project Management to develop the regional project execution strategy
- Market awareness of solar & wind farm construction activity, regulatory issues and other renewable technologies
What We Require:
- Engineering with Minimum 10 years in Infrastructure (renewable energy preferred) Projects, Contract and Construction management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with significant atutonomy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks
- Ability to maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching objectives at all times
- Experience in Grid, Substation & Construction
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Hybrid working arrangement may be considered
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!