Reporting to: Finance Manager
Job Location: Cape Town
Travel Required: None
Contract Type: 6-Month Full Time Fixed Term
Mainstream is a global developer of utility scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa has been awarded a total of 2.1 gigawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late-stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines.
In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline. Our partnership with Aker Horizons enables the Company to strive towards our ambitious targets of securing 5.5 GWs of renewable assets to FC and be IPO ready by 2023. In 2022, an equity partnership with Mitsui strengthened our position and continued our growth trajectory across the world.
Mainstream has raised more than €3.0bn in project finance to date and employs over 500 staff across 11 countries.
Summary of Role :
We are looking for a Creditors Clerk to support business activities in South Africa. The position will be based in Mainstream’s Cape Town office and support the finance team as a creditors clerk on our operational projects.
What you will do:
- Working in the end to end Accounts Payable function from vendor set up through invoice scanning, recording, invoice workflow on SharePoint for approval, invoice matching, payment proposal & payment processing
- Assist with the processing of monthly expense and credit card claims
- Answering queries from suppliers regarding payment and invoices
- Reconciliations of vendor statements and other recurring tasks
- Update local Accounts Payable process documents and manuals as required
- Prepare month end bank reconciliations
- Assist in closing AP for month end
- Prepare further analysis of specific accounts as required
- Support the annual audit process
- Support the implementation and continuous improvement of internal controls, processes and financial systems, ensuring Mainstream global processes and controls are adhered to
- Provide analysis and support as required by the team
What we require:
- Currently studying towards or completed qualification in Finance/Bookeeping would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role, preferably within a multinational organisation
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines
- High levels of energy and motivation
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent Excel skills
What we offer:
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry.