Summary of Role :
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Senior Operations Manager for the Asia Pacific region. The position requires the candidate to have previous senior level operations experience in the energy (generation) sector and demonstrate career progression in positions of responsibility within the areas of operations and general management.
The candidate should demonstrate a strong track record of delivering operational results at a senior management level and will be responsible for bringing clarity and a clear strategic direction to the operational issues within Mainstream so as to identify and implement the necessary commercial solutions.
Of equal importance, will be the candidate’s aptitude to lead and manage a small tight knit team as well as influence and engage key stakeholders effectively across business and reporting lines.
What you will do?
- Working in close collaboration with the CEO and other directors to ensure that Mainstream Onshore meets its overall objectives.
- Responsibility and ownership for all operational aspects of the Onshore business
- Co-ordinating overall operations strategy, direct key managers responsible for operational activity and have accountability for finance, quality, health & safety, human resources, project management, supply chain management, etc.
- Responsibility for overall business operations budget planning and management. Assume responsibility for delivery on time and within budget. Provide management reports of Operations status and activity reports that will be made with other senior executives in the company at periodic board and management meetings.
- Developing relationships with partner companies working in collaboration to support existing and future projects. Act as a mentor for certain relationships as required. Manage strategy for supply chain management with sources for key materials and services.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of the market and state of the art in renewable energy and workforce resources of the company. Recruit relevant staff needed for business operations. Conduct performance and development reviews.
- Responsible for proposing, agreeing, planning and management of budgets in all business operations.
What we require?
- Extensive energy sector experience preferably in electricity generation operations including at least 5 years at a senior management level. Must have significant experience of contracting for large scale capital projects; EPC, Financing, PPA’s, Grid Connection
- Must be knowledgeable of all aspects of power generation, possess an understanding of transmission and distribution
- Possess supervisory and project management skills. Profit and loss experience as well as budgeting and forecasting the needs of the division are required.
- With energy sector operational experience, the candidate must have a solid understanding of market and operations issues facing a company like Mainstream.
- Have experience in economic evaluation of investment opportunities and have the capability to make sound operational judgments from a technical, as well as economic perspective.
- Ideally have experience of acquisitions and, as a strategic thinker and member of the management team, be able to identify, analyze, evaluate and negotiate commercial opportunities and the acquisition of businesses that would enhance Mainstream Renewable Power’s profile, presence and capabilities.
- Have experience of setting and achieving targets and budgets and a rigorous, hands-on approach to performance management, control and planning.
- Be a person who relishes a challenge, has business flair and a thorough grounding in power generation, particularly electricity generation and Renewables. Preferably gained in organizations that have managed projects internationally.
- Be a strong manager and mentor, capable of lateral and strategic thinking and with the drive and imagination to, working with the CEO and other senior colleagues, grow the company to the next level and beyond.
- As a manager be open to discussion, manage and motivate staff, allowing them freedom of expression and room to develop, yet able also to ensure that the company maintains a clear sense of direction and purpose.
- A self-starter possessing the ability to organize, manage and influence highly skilled multi-disciplined technical staff with diplomacy and sensitivity. Prior experience of leading, coaching and managing teams in a rapidly changing commercial arena will be advantageous