Reporting to: Offshore New Markets Manager
Job Location: Edinburgh
Mainstream seeks to appoint a Senior Market Analyst for its Offshore New Markets team to identify growing offshore wind markets and to secure significant projects in these markets. This person will contribute to the expansion of the company’s global offshore renewable energy footprint.
Primary responsibilities will include working with the offshore team and regional General Managers to identify new offshore market opportunities and to progress offshore greenfield and acquisition opportunities within these markets and to support new bidding processes in existing offshore markets. Key responsibilities will also include identifying liaising with and securing suitable local partners in new markets. Regular in-country/European travel and some international travel will be required.
Mainstream’s country office is located in Edinburgh but the location of this role can be flexible for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Working with regional and local development teams, to identify new markets that show high growth potential for offshore wind.
- Work with the Offshore New Markets Manager & Head of Offshore to develop budgets/ timelines to support the offshore business plan and prepare background papers/ reports to secure all necessary approvals
- Leading in research of new markets, identifying the need for third party input to site selection/ market entry papers and obtaining suitable information.
- Assessing ad-hoc greenfield, acquisition opportunities and partnerships within new markets
- Agreeing market entry recommendations with Offshore New Markets Manager, Head of Offshore & Regional GM’s.
- Co-ordinate across offshore markets, deputising for the Offshore New Markets Manager as required.
- Act as Bid manager for major bids as required.
- Lead in the preparation and submission of tenders, bids, industry responses etc.
- Lead project due diligence in new markets and the preparation of necessary board papers for the internal approval process.
- Evaluate the need for partnerships in new markets and if required, identify suitable partner candidates.
- Initiate/support introductions with potential suitable partners and hold initial discussions to assess whether a partnership would be feasible for both parties.
- Support in the preparation and management of budgets for offshore new markets activities.
- Liaise closely with Mainstream’s commercial, engineering, procurement and EAG teams to produce financial analysis as required.
- Attend industry events to build Mainstream’s presence and network in new markets.
- Support in the optimisation of development processes, lessons learned and any updates to support our Global Design Standard enhancement.
What we require?
- Degree qualified with over 5 years’ experience in Offshore Wind Industry.
- Experience across lifecycle of offshore winds developments preferred;
- Highly organised, commercially astute with an ability to build relationships across the company and with external partners,
- Experience in site selection, analysis, reporting, budgeting and approval processes;
- Experience in working with international suppliers and/or consultants;
- Experience in contributing to and managing bids submissions;
- Excellent networking skills and strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Relishes challenge, and takes a positive, hands on, “can do” approach to all tasks
- Willingness to travel to new markets
- English skills are essential and a second language would be an advantage.
What We Offer:
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing and fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.