Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Procurement Manager to join the Dublin Team. As Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Procurement.
The key responsibilities of the role comprise the following:
- Identifying and providing procurement support and services to the Head of Procurement.
- Development of procurement strategy for projects.
- Preparation of Turbine & BOP Request for Proposals to facilitate LCOE and other bid proposals.
- Contractor pre-qualification, tendering, negotiation and administration.
- Coordination and preparation of the Employer's Requirements and construction schedules for each pre-construction project ensuring scope, codes and standards, local requirements, etc. are captured for each project.
- Contract preparation and negotiation.
- Provision of procurement support during the due diligence and financial close process.
- Provision of procurement support during the construction phase.
- Cost estimating, budget preparation, reporting and control for input in budgets and management reports.
- Liaising and cooperating with external parties in relation to procurement activities including platforms, banks, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies, system operators, etc.
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams.
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on sharing of expertise globally.
- Management of revision and quality of procurement documents (drawings, specification, standard, etc.) and integrating lessons learned into Employer's Requirements.
- Assist with due diligence on project acquisitions in new markets.
- Assist with development of procurement cost database.
- Innovation of procurement techniques to enable more competitive costings.
- Technology tracking.
- Assisting the Head of Procurement with updating and maintenance of procurement operating procedures.
What do we require?
Education & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering, Energy, Business or Environment
- Extensive experience in wind/solar farm engineering and detailed design of wind/solar projects.
- Strong contract management ability and understanding of contracting methodologies.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as GIS, AutoCAD, MS Project and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English; fluency in other languages considered an advantage.
- Overall project leadership through the relationship with your contractors and consultants.