Mainstream are currently sourcing a for a Wind Analyst to join our global Energy Analysis Group (EAG), located in Dublin. A technical role working on Mainstream’s projects in multiple regions, also involved in defining global EAG standards. The role requires 2-5 years of experience in wind analysis. The role works closely with global EAG staff (currently 20), as well as Development, Procurement, Engineering, and Commercial colleagues. The role will also have the opportunity to work on offshore wind projects.
- Providing high-quality wind analysis deliverables to multiple project teams.
- Design of best-practice site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar project sites, including cost/benefit assessments of different technologies.
- Overseeing data collection and quality control to ensure maximum data coverage.
- Wind farm layout design, including LCoE layout optimisation. Preliminary solar farm design.
- Internal wind and solar Energy Production Estimates achieving maximum accuracy and minimised uncertainty, delivered within project timelines.
- Procurement, management, and review of third-party energy production and site conditions reports, ensuring optimal service from suppliers.
- Review of technical exhibits for Turbine Supply Agreements.
- Liaising with external parties regarding turbine suitability and solar technology options.
- Communication of site-specific energy production and site condition risks to project teams.
- Energy analysis due diligence for acquisition opportunities.
- Supporting internal strategy for all aspects of energy analysis and elaboration of annual budgets.
- Ownership, development, and maintenance of proprietary tools and procedures operated by the EAG, ensuring continuous improvement in efficiency and quality of EAG’s deliverables.
- Review and testing of EAG’s in-house data management and analysis system (using Python/Django).
- Overseeing technical internships.
The above tasks will be carried out following the EAG’s global standards.
Knowledge and skills:
- This role requires 3-5 years of pre-construction wind energy analysis experience across a range of markets; solar energy analysis experience is an advantage; however, training can be provided.
- Graduate with an honours engineering or physical science degree as a minimum.
- Best-practice knowledge of wake modelling, mast and LiDAR measurements, and layout design. Offshore energy analysis experience is an advantage.
- Experience working for a lenders’ advisor, turbine OEM, renewables developer, or operator of wind and/or solar projects.
- Ability to define non-standard work requirements within joint ventures and international project teams, and to anticipate and manage the workload accordingly.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills, strong mathematical and analysis background, and ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues.
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement, self-starter with an inquisitive nature.
- Experience in the use of Openwind, WAsP, Windographer, mesoscale modelling, and PVsyst.
- Experience in the use of WindSim or other CFD wind flow models is an advantage.
- Experience in working with geospatial data in Global Mapper, ArcGIS, or QGIS.
- Experience in the analysis of operational wind farms and/or IEC power curve testing is an advantage.
- Programming/software development experience is an advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Fluency in English; other languages are an advantage.
- Willingness to travel internationally
Whats on offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with plenty of financial capability to meet the demands of a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme, pension contribution, healthcare subsidy, life assurance, and potential to participate in company share option scheme, subject to completion of the 6 month probation period.