Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. Since entering the Chilean market in 2009, Mainstream has built up the most comprehensive portfolio of wind and solar energy projects in the country, extending to over 2,000 megawatts across more than 40 projects.
Summary of Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Treasurer for its Finance Function who will provide Banking, Payment, Administrative and Logistical support to its Development companies in Chile & Colombia and Holding Companies in Spain. The successful candidate will join the Finance Team in Chile and will report directly to the Asset Manager.
What you will do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]
A key feature of this role will be collaboration, both internally and externally and the ability to work cross-functionally with all departments will be required.
- Manage the day to day banking requirements of Latam Development Companies and, Spanish Holding Companies in CLP, USD and EUR
- Maintain a Daily Cash Position Report for all bank accounts.
- Assist with the production of Departmental and Group Cash Forecasts.
- Execute Domestic and Foreign Vendor payments and Tax payments.
- Execute the monthly Closing processes relating to the Treasury operations.
- Record Bank transactions in Microsoft Dynamics accounting package and liaise with the Account Payables area.
- Together with the Senior Treasurer manage excess Cash Balances using Overnight Deposits etc.
- Produce Monthly & Bi Weekly Payment schedules in conjunction with the Accounts Payable team to ensure payments are made on a timely basis.
- Assist and stand in for the Senior Treasurer as and when required.
- General administrative support to the relevant projects.
- Providing other support, as requested, to Asset Manager, and Finance staff.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
Our preferred candidate will be educated to degree level.
- We are looking for experience of 1-3 years working in Treasury & Accounting functions preferably for a Utility or Construction related company.
- Keen attention to detail is required with the ability to work without constant supervision
- A high level of spoken and written Spanish is mandatory, advanced/intermediate English is preferred.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a diverse, flexible and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growth industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.