- Liaising with external tax advisors to manage ongoing tax compliance for all legal entities. This includes corporation tax, VAT, withholding taxes, payroll taxes etc.
- Reviewing current and deferred tax provisions for all legal entities including liaising with the finance team and external advisors to ensure timely sign-off.
- Preparation and review of tax disclosure notes in the statutory financial statements of all legal entities.
- Managing the development, implementation and monitoring of holding and financing structures for the South African entities, structuring of joint ventures, structuring of disposals, local due diligence processes in respect of proposed investments in the Mainstream Group.
- Assisting the M&A team with all tax processes relating to potential African investments including tax review of financial models, purchaser due diligence, vendor due diligence, tax structuring of acquisitions, review of transaction documentation, tax support for post-acquisition integration.
- Assisting the Group Head of Tax with IPO tax planning activities as required.
- Supporting the Group Head of Tax in meeting internal and external reporting obligations including quarterly compliance reports, CFO reports, board reports, equity investor reports.
- Managing all local transfer pricing requirements including annual transfer pricing returns, preparation and maintenance of local files, preparation of transaction specific transfer pricing reports, management of transfer pricing audits and enquiries.
- Providing support to local and Group HR functions on payroll taxes, global mobility and share option related matters.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the Group's vision and business plans to develop strategic tax solutions in support of the group's expansion.
- Monitoring proposed changes in legislation in South Africa that would impact Mainstream and proposing solutions to manage these changes.
- Identifying and monitoring areas of tax risk for the South Africa entities.
- Liaising with local tax authorities and managing tax audits and interactions.
- Assisting on additional ad hoc projects as required.
Key requirements for success in the role:
- Qualified CA, ideally with a professional services background.
- Professional tax qualification required.
- Minimum 2 years post qualification tax specific experience.
- Able to articulate complicated tax rules in a simple manner to internal stakeholders.
- Experience in dealing with tax authorities on tax audits.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with flexibility and adaptability required.
- Proven ability to manage a broad workload with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Strong organisational skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Excel and presentation skills.
This position is based in Cape Town.
The company operates in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI Act), Act 3 of 2013, and by submitting their personal information to us (through the application form, CV and other documentation as required during the recruitment process), candidates agree that the company may utilise their personal information as directed by POPIA.