- Reporting to CFO Latam
- Department Finance
- Job Location Santiago Chile Office
- Travel Required If required
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power has been awarded in the 2016 with 7 tenders, 20 years PPA’s with several distributions’ companies up to 3,3 TW/Year. The USD 2 billion assets platform is under construction, operational phase will be begging gradually but form January 2021. Also, company has a strong business platform under development in LATAM. With multi-company structure, holds waterfall in Ireland, Spain, Chile, Colombia among others, the candidate will take over all Tax matters related LATAM entities, considering Tax compliance, transfer pricing, tax structuring, tax audit, advise Senior Management Team in tax related matters among others. The successful candidate will join the Finance team and will report to CFO Latam.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- A key feature of this role will be collaboration, both internally and externally, with the ability to work cross-functionally with all departments.
- Tax compliance for all entities under scope, considering VAT, Income Tax, and other monthly basis and/or yearly, considering all Tax procedures & affidavits
- Liaising with external tax advisors to manage ongoing compliance under all tax heads for all LATAM platform legal entities, including corporate tax, VAT, withholding taxes, payroll taxes, stamp duty etc.
- Preparing current and deferred tax provisions for all legal entities in the LATAM region including liaising with the finance team and external auditors to ensure timely sign-off.
- Preparation and review of tax disclosure notes in the statutory financial statements of all legal entities.
- Work with CFO + Group Tax in the develop, implementation and maintenance all international tax structures for the LATAM operations.
- Assist to CFO + Group Tax in structuring acquisitions, joint ventures, and disposals in the LATAM region as they arise.
- Managing the due diligence of proposed acquisitions in the Asia Pacific region by Mainstream and of proposed investments in Mainstream/proposed loan funding to Mainstream by third parties.
- Transfer Price studies & compliance, with onshore on shore entities
- Develop and maintain local and group tax & compliance reports
- General Tax support to the relevant projects.
- Representing Mainstream in liaising with local tax authorities in LATAM regions and managing tax audits and interactions.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Professional tax qualification required, degree in law or accountancy with a professional accounting qualification would also be desirable.
- 10 years + experience to combine professional training and work experience in practice in a Big 4 firm (Tax Manager from big four), plus experience in Tax Advisor for operational companies/groups ideally in a multicompany organization.
- Have broad understanding of the Chilean Tax law and compliance, plus Transfer price rules.
- Experience of advising on/managing taxation obligations in Chile and other LATAM countries.
- Experience with international / multinational companies
- Able to articulate complicated tax rules in a simple manner to internal stakeholders.
- Experience in dealing with LATAM tax authorities on tax audits.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with flexibility and adaptability required.
- Proven ability to manage a broad workload with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative.
- Strong organisational skills with great attention to detail. Keen attention to detail is required
- with the ability to work without constant supervision
- Flexibility to travel
- A mid/high level of spoken and written Spanish and English is mandatory.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.