- Reporting to: Tax Lawyer
- Department: Finance
- Job Location: Santiago Chile Office
- Travel Required: If required
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power has been awarded in the 2016 with 7 tenders, 20 years PPA’s with several distributions’ companies up to 3,3 TW/Year. The USD 2 billion assets platform is under construction, operational phase will be begging gradually but form January 2021. Also, company has a strong business platform under development in LATAM. With multi-company structure, holds waterfall in Ireland, Spain, Chile, Colombia among others. The candidate will support and assist in all tax matters related with LATAM entities, considering tax structuring, tax compliance, transfer pricing, tax audit, among others. The successful candidate will join the Finance team and will report to the Tax Manager.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- A key feature of this role will be collaboration, both internally and externally, with the ability to work cross-functionally with all departments.
- Work in the development, implementation, and maintenance of all international tax structures for the LATAM operations.
- Assist the Tax Manager on a daily basis in all tax matters, including structuring processes, M&A, Due Diligence and joint ventures in the LATAM region.
- Tax & Legal compliance for all entities under scope, considering Corporate Income Tax, Withholding Tax, VAT, Stamp Tax, Transfer Pricing, etc.
- Liaising with external tax advisors to manage ongoing tax matters for all LATAM platform.
- Prepare and maintain internal working papers, keep record of all the decisions making in tax related matters and updating internal tax structures.
- Review tax & legal documentation (public deeds, contracts, credit agreements, promissory notes, etc).
- Preparation of internal tax memos and reports
- Assist Mainstream before local tax authorities in LATAM regions and support tax audits and interactions.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Professional tax qualification required: Degree in law, accounting knowledge would be desirable.
- 5+ years related experience
- Desirable experience in Big 4
- Have broad understanding of the Chilean Tax law and Double Tax Treaties.
- Experience working with national and international / multinational companies
- Able to articulate complicated tax rules in a simple manner to other teams.
- Experience in dealing with LATAM tax authorities.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability is required.
- Proven ability to manage a broad workload with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative.
- Strong organisational skills with great attention to detail. Keen attention to detail is required with the ability to work without constant supervision.
- Flexibility to travel
- High level of spoken and written Spanish and English is mandatory.
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."