Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In South Africa, Mainstream has been awarded a total of 848 megawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011, making it the country’s most successful independent renewable energy developer. The company is currently operating 360MW and constructing a further 250MW of wind farm projects which are due to reach commercial operation in 2020.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines.
Mainstream has raised more than €1.6bn in project finance to date and employs 160 staff across four continents.
Summary of Role:
As the Supply Chain and Logistic Specialist, you will be responsible for oversee the importation´s cycle for all the projects main equipment. Furthermore, you will be responsible for supporting the project managers in logistic activities required for the proper operation of the owners site team.
What you will do?
- Ensure that all project equipment is delivered as scheduled.
- Coordinate the presence of technical team during performance of equipment´s FAT tests.
- Manage local suppliers for providing all the services required for the proper operation of the owner´s team on site.
- Oversee that the customs process is running properly
- Liaise the insurance broker aiming to keep all the construction insurance policies.
- Keep Project Managers informed on any possible deviation in the equipment delivery schedule.
- Liaise authorities to facilitate any permit required for equipment transportation to site.
What we require?
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
- Ability to establish strong working relationships.
- Good negotiation skills.
- An analytic and organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Proactively identify key required tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good IT skills, including experience with MS Office suit.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written and spoken).
Education and Experience
- Professional qualification.
- A minimum of 7 years´ experience in supply logistic for industrial facilities construction.
- Good knowledge of international commerce regulations and standards.
- Good knowledge of insurances related to industrial construction works.
- Experience in wind/solar construction projects is an advantage.
- Experience of working in several simultaneous projects.
- Experience on site facilities operation.
- Candidates should be capable of working with internal and external resources.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.