Mainstream are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Executive to join our Procurement team.
As Supply Chain Executive, you will ensure that Mainstream’s Procurement team develop and strengthen connections with our suppliers to ensure a competitive and robust supply chain. You will work closely with and support the Procurement Strategy Manager.
While this position will be based in Dublin there will be some international travel.
Key Responsibilities & Activities:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Mainstream’s wind, solar and storage supply chains to identify risks and opportunities.
- Identify current and future strategic opportunities within the supply chain
- Provide input to regular reports on wind, solar and storage supply chains to communicate findings effectively to senior management and board to inform decision-making processes.
- Identify, prequalify and develop relationships with critical component suppliers to ensure Mainstream increases flexibility and resilience throughout the supply chain.
- Identify opportunities for improved project profitability through innovative supplier agreements.
- Incorporate supply chain considerations into the Procurement Strategy to create value for Mainstreams’ renewable energy asset pipeline.
- Participate in project optimisation exercises by ensuring supply chain considerations have been evaluated with appropraite benefits and risks identified.
- Liaise and cooperate with external parties in relation to procurement activities – banks, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies, system operators etc.
- Participate in company knowledge-sharing groups to leverage expertise globally.
- Interact with the relevant in-house teams – SHEQ, Development, Commercial, Energy Analysis, Engineering, Construction Management, Operations and Finance.
- Manage revision and quality of procurement documents (drawings, specification, standard, etc.)
- Attend industry events to keep abreast of developments in renewable energy supply chains.
- Overall project leadership through the relationship with your contractors and consultants
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering or Operations/Supply Chain is preferred. A further technical or commercial qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience in renewable energy power generation with exposure to international supply chain operations is essential.
- Supplier relationship management experience would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical ability required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with an ability to communicate technical concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable with a level of autonomy and demonstrate a passion for learning about supply chain developments within the renewable energy sector.
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Proactive in managing internal and external resources
- Ability to use MS Office software as well as specialist software packages such as MS Project, and SharePoint.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; fluency in other languages considered an advantage.