Summary of Role :
As Solar PV Portfolio Director, you will be responsible for delivery of key elements of Mainstream’s Vietnamese Solar PV Portfolio through the late-stage development, preconstruction and construction phases into commercial operation ultimately handing over the completed projects to the long-term asset owner/asset manager.
During late-stage development, the Solar PV Portfolio Director will be responsible for managing some key development packages such as EIA and ESIA, and will lead the commercial agreements for several packages including the geotechnical investigation. The Solar PV Portfolio Director will be the primary contact with the Dublin Procurement team as the project moves into the binding tender stage, The Solar PV Portfolio Director will also be expected to oversee several late stage development activities to include engaging with the grid company to secure the grid connection, answering queries from investors, final technical due diligence, as well as obtaining final construction permits, etc.
During construction, the Solar PV Portfolio Director will be responsible for managing one or more construction contractors such as an EPC contractor and/or wind turbine/module supplier, detailed coordination with each contractor’s designers and sub-contractors, as well as day-to-day management of the construction contractors.
What you will do?
- Project and construction management in accordance with Mainstream Construction processes and procedures.
- Supporting the Mainstream Development team with construction / engineering related issues.
- Engaging and managing technical and engineering consultants for the due diligence process, the grid connection process, etc.
- Definition and coordination of preliminary engineering during the preconstruction phase.
- Managing the projects through the financial close process and supporting the Mainstream commercial/finance teams to achieve financial close.
- Assisting the Mainstream Procurement team with construction contract tendering, negotiation and administration.
- Cost estimating, budget preparation, reporting and control.
- Schedule estimating, schedule preparation, reporting and control.
- Liaising and cooperating with other Mainstream technical and commercial teams.
- Liaising with project stakeholders including landowners, communities, the public, etc.
- Liaising and cooperating with external parties – grid companies, banks, independent engineers, contractors, consultants, government bodies etc.
- Engage in interaction with the relevant Mainstream teams – Development, Procurement, Commercial, Energy analysis, Engineering & GIS, IS, Construction, and Operations.
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on sharing of expertise globally.
- Project safety – be the safety leader implementing and enforcing Mainstream’s Health & Safety processes and procedures
- Monitor daily activities at the construction sites, using this data to trend and develop detailed forecasts and ensure that corrective actions are done timely
- Overall project leadership through the relationship with contractors and consultants.
- Have significant local market awareness of solar & wind farm construction activity, regulatory issues and other renewable technologies.
What we require?
- Ability to work with the electrical grid utility to develop transmission grid connection plans supervise grid studies and secure grid connection agreements.
- Be comfortable with significant autonomy in work but have a strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s Construction procedures and process (this is based on PMI® PMBOK®).
- Degree in Engineering (electrical, civil, or mechanical), Energy, Business or Environment with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Commercial project development and construction experience in renewable energy / power generation
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software including MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, MS Project and SharePoint
- Command of both Vietnamese and English is a must.
- Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) an advantage