Summary of Role :
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Mainstream is currently searching a Project Engineer, who will take responsibility for coordinating electrical engineering aspects of the existing solar PV development portfolio. The project engineer will be responsible for optimizing grid interconnection plan, liaise with relevant stakeholders and support the drafting of the projects’ Feasibility Studies. In addition, the Project Engineer will also manage both civil and electrical engineering workstreams and will be key in managing engineering studies, as well as taking ownership of process to secure the grid connection for its solar projects in Vietnam.
What you will do?
- Safety, health environment and quality (SHEQ) performance for the Mainstream engineering team
- Putting in place and maintaining H+S (Health and Safety) processes and procedures to assure safe delivery of the Mainstream project
- Deliver fully engineered solar PV projects in three stages as per agreed targets
- Manage the design progression of the solar pv sites through all stages of development including:
- Management of the complete engineering process, including geotechnical investigation planning and implementation designs, array cable layout and onsite substation preliminary designs, grid connection strategy finalisation, preparation of Employer’s Requirements
- Selection and management of consultants to assist in the above areas
- Interacting with permitting stakeholders at local, provincial, and national levels
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams: energy analysis, development, construction, finance, corporate affairs, corporate finance, management
- Performance reporting on progress against Business targets
- Owning and managing the engineering budget
- Identifying, recruiting, and retaining the human capital required to deliver the Mainstream targets
- Ensuring effective risk management is in place across the Mainstream development business.
- Participate on behalf of Mainstream on the board or working groups of the relevant solar PV local and national industry forums
What we require?
- Delivery: the first priority of the role is to safely deliver fully engineered projects
- Leadership skills: ability to bring people along to cross multiple finish lines
- Interpersonal and communication skills: need to be able to build and maintain relationships within the development business (down), across all functions at Mainstream (sideways), with Mainstream’s Senior Management Team (up), and with customers / investors (out).
- Renewables: deep knowledge of all aspects of development of solar pv projects
- Change management: oversee specific business initiatives, including growth, expansion
- Strategy: propose strategy for the ongoing development activities to development Director annually
- Project and program management: manage project portfolio that consists of 3 individual projects
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering with min of 10 years’ experience
- Project management experience is required and a project management qualification (such as PMP) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Vietnam renewables market specifically:
- The Vietnam energy sector and policies
- The Vietnam grid connection agreement process
- The Vietnam environmental permitting system and Vietnamese environmental legislation
- Legal terms of industry standard land agreements (option, lease, wayleave)
- Experience working with key Vietnam solar PV stakeholders:
- Grid owners
- Grid operators (e.g. EVN) and regulators
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT)
- Industry associations
- Developers currently active in the Vietnam market (as competitors, acquisition targets)
- Procurement and contract administration experience is required. The successful candidate will be required to procure services, equipment and works from a selection of vendors, execute contracts with these vendors and then administer and close out these contracts.
- Command of both Vietnamese and English is a must.