- Reporting to: Environmental Leader C&O.
- Department: SHEQ – Technical Services.
- Job Location: Región de Los Rios, Chile.
- Travel Required: Frequently.
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of the Role:
Lead in the field the environmental management of projects under construction, ensuring the effective control of the environmental aspects identified, the environmental legal requirements and corporate guidelines applicable to MRP projects.
What you will do?
The main duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure compliance with the environmental commitments and obligations of the project during its construction stage.
- Lead the correct execution of environmental commitments in coordination with the project team, ITOs, contractors, consultants, etc.
- Advise the project team on site on environmental matters, ensuring the correct understanding of the commitments and obligations that must be fulfilled.
- Ensure the implementation of corporate guidelines on environmental management, consistent with the applicable environmental regulations and the specific environmental authorizations that each project has.
- Ensure compliance with the Environmental Management Plan applicable to each project, in order to prevent the work from negatively impacting the environment of the place where the project is executed, keeping the Agreement Plan updated to project changes.
- Periodically review the environmental status of the projects, defining preventive, corrective and improvement measures if necessary.
What we require?
- The Successful Candidate will have the following Education, Experience and Characteristics are considered essential for the role:
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory).
- Engineer of any specialty with degree in environment.
- 5 years of work experience (similar position) in the construction and or operartions business.
These Requirements are a Plus for the Candidates:
- Experience in projects that have been submitted to the Environmental Impact Assessment System.
- Experience in management of inspections of the Environmental Authority (SMA), and presentation of compliance programs.
- Experience in the design and implementation of environmental management systems.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Annual Aguinaldo
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Annual leave, plus a community or charity workday each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Complementary health insurance
- Life, disability and catastrophic cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!