Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than 10 gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Since entering the Chilean market in 2009, Mainstream has grown to become the largest independent renewables developer in Chile with a development portfolio over 3.2 GW (early and late stage development) and 870 MW in construction.
In South Africa, Mainstream has delivered 600MW of wind and solar assets into commercial operation and is currently constructing a further 250MW of wind farms. Mainstream are also progressing a development pipeline in excess of 5.5 GW of wind and solar PV projects.
Mainstream established its APAC HQ in Singapore in 2019. The company is actively developing a pipeline of large-scale projects throughout the APAC region through its local offices in Vietnam and the Philippines.
Mainstream has raised over €2.1 billion in project finance and employs over 300 staff across four continents. In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline.
About The Role:
Reporting to the Group Treasury Manager, this role will have a broad remit which includes project work and day to day Treasury operations. The role involves significant responsibilities and a challenging workload but will be a highly rewarding opportunity for the right individual.
- Support with cash management and liaise with banking partners as required.
- Execution of foreign exchange deals with our banking partners.
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Preparation of Treasury reports including cash position, cashflow forecasts, contingent liabilities.
- Engage with platform treasury/ finance teams to gain strong understanding of cashflow drivers and key treasury risks
- Support in documenting, streamlining, and automating Treasury processes to drive efficiencies and allow the business to scale for future growth. Work with other areas of finance as required to achieve these transformation goals.
- Work with external service providers to implement automation tools and identify processes for further automation.
- Support with ad-hoc Treasury projects.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in accounting/finance or professional accounting / treasury qualification (preferred)
- 3 years + of relevant experience in a Group Treasury role
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines
- High levels of energy and motivation
- Motivated to assess existing processes and amend where needed to drive improvements / efficiencies
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills including written and spoken English
- Flexibility to travel