- Reporting to: Treasury Manager, Chile
- Department: Finance
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Only if required (minimal)
Mainstream is a global developer of utility scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa.
The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of the Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power currently has 2 projects generating electricity for the Chilean market with an additional 8 projects coming on-line over the next 12-18 months.
The company is looking for a Treasurer to provide Banking, Payment, Administrative and Logistical support to the 10 projects involved in the operations portfolio. The successful candidate will join the Finance Team in Chile and will report directly to the Treasury Manager.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- A key feature of this role will be collaboration, both internally and externally and the ability to work cross-functionally with all departments will be required.
- Manage the day to day banking requirements for all projects in Operations. (CLP and USD).
- Maintain a Daily Cash Position Report for all bank accounts under your control.
- Be the main point of contact with the Bank for all Operations Accounts.
- Assist with the production of Departmental and Group Cash Forecasts.
- Execute Domestic Vendor payments and Tax payments.
- Execute the monthly Closing processes regarding Treasury operations.
- Reconcile Bank Accounts weekly with the transactions in Microsoft Dynamics accounting package. and liaise with the Account Payables area.
- Liaise with the Account Payables and Accounts Receivable Teams.
- Execute the company's financial hedging operations.
- Manage excess Cash Balances using Overnight Deposits etc.
- Produce Weekly Payment schedules. Coordinate with Energy Account Manager and other team members to ensure payments are made on a timely basis.
- Report financial information to the Central Bank and other Government agencies as required.
- General administrative support to the relevant projects.
- Providing other support, as requested, to Treasury Manager, and Finance staff.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory)
- Our preferred candidate will be educated to degree level.
- We are looking for experience of 4+ years working in Treasury and Accounting functions for a Utility or Construction related company.
- Keen attention to detail is required with the ability to work without constant supervision.
- A high level of spoken and written Spanish is mandatory, advanced English is preferred.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."