Job Location: Singapore
Reporting to: Finance Director, APAC
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the Head of Group Tax based in Ireland, with a local reporting line to the APAC Finance Director based in Singapore, this is a key role in the finance team who will work in conjunction with the Finance Director for Asia to lead the development of not only the Finance team for Singapore, but also act as a key resource on future transactions in Singapore and Asia working cross functionally with the Operations and Commercial/Business Development teams.
What you will do?
- Liaising with external tax advisors to manage ongoing compliance under all tax heads for all Asia Pacific platform legal This includes corporation tax, VAT, withholding taxes, payroll taxes, stamp duty etc.
- Preparing current and deferred tax provisions for all legal entities in the Asia Pacific region including liaising with the finance team and external auditors to ensure timely sign-off. Preparation and review of tax disclosure notes in the statutory financial statements of all legal entities.
- Working with the Head of Group Tax with developing, implementing and maintaining international tax structures for the Asia Pacific operations.
- Assisting in structuring acquisitions, joint ventures and disposals in the Asia Pacific region as they arise.
- Managing the due diligence of proposed acquisitions in the Asia Pacific region by Mainstream and of proposed investments in Mainstream/proposed loan funding to Mainstream by third parties.
- Managing all Asia Pacific transfer pricing requirements including annual transfer pricing returns, preparation and maintenance of local files, preparation of transaction specific transfer pricing reports, assistance with transfer pricing audits and enquiries.
- Providing support to group HR function on payroll, pension, global mobility, share option related matters relating to the Asia Pacific region.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the Group's vision and business plans to develop strategic tax solutions in support of the group's expansion.
- Monitoring proposed changes in legislation in all Asia Pacific locations that would impact Mainstream and proposing solutions to manage these changes.
- Identifying and monitoring areas of tax risk for the Group in Asia Pacific locations.
- Representing Mainstream in liaising with local tax authorities in Asia Pacific regions and managing tax audits and interactions.
- Taking an active role in reviewing and improving controls for the Asia Pacific business.
- Taking an active role in developing the Singapore finance department as the business progresses.
- Taking a lead role in ad hoc projects as required.
What We Require:
- Professional tax qualification required, degree in law or accountancy with a professional accounting qualification would also be desirable
- 10 years + experience to combine professional training and work experience in practice in a Big 4 firm and currently holding a senior regional/APAC tax role in a leading MNC.
- Experience of advising on/managing taxation obligations in Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines and Australia with experience of other Asia Pacific locations desirable.
- Able to articulate complicated tax rules in a simple manner to internal stakeholders.
- Experience in dealing with Asia Pacific tax authorities on tax audits.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with flexibility and adaptability required.
- Proven ability to manage a broad workload with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative.
- Strong commercial acumen and organisational skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Excel and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to travel. The role will be based in Singapore but will also require adhoc travel to other Asia Pacific markets and Ireland (Group headquarters).
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.