A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power has been developing multiple projects in the APAC region, including Vietnam, Philippines, Japan, Australia, and Indonesia. The projects in Vietnam and the Philippines are expected to reach financial close in 2022 and 2023. Also, the company is looking to expand into new markets in APAC. The candidate will be responsible for all tax compliance matters related with APAC entities, considering tax compliance, transfer pricing, tax structuring, tax audit, support and assist the Head of Tax, APAC. The successful candidate will join the Finance team and will report directly to the Head of Tax, APAC.
What you will do?
- Assisting with ongoing tax compliance requirements including corporation tax, VAT, payroll taxes, withholding taxes, stamp duties on a monthly basis and/or yearly, considering all tax procedures, ensuring tax compliance for all entities under scope, in accordance with the requirements established by the tax entity. This will involve liaising with APAC finance team based in Vietnam and external advisers in each jurisdiction.
- Assist in audits / queries raised by the tax authorities and other fiscal authorities in APAC, with the support of the Group's tax advisors when necessary.
- Respond questions from other teams on matters related to the group's tax compliance.
- Support tax audit processes, tax reporting and any due diligence processes.
- Implementation and continuous improvement of internal control processes of the Group. Provide support to the Head of Tax, APAC in all tax / compliance matters on a daily basis.
- Liaising with external tax advisors to manage ongoing compliance for all APAC platform
- Support the preparation of current and deferred tax provisions for all legal entities in the APAC region including liaising with the finance team as required.
- Preparation and review of tax disclosure notes in the statutory financial statements of all legal entities.
- Support the restructuring processes for the Group and assist the Head of Tax, APAC in structuring, joint ventures and M&A in the APAC region.
- Assist the Head of Tax, APAC in the development, implementation and maintenance of all international tax structures for the APAC operations.
- Assisting the Head of Tax, APAC with managing transfer pricing requirements in the APAC region including annual transfer pricing returns, preparation and maintenance of local files and master file, preparation of transaction specific transfer pricing reports, assistance with transfer pricing audits and enquiries as they arise.
- Assisting the Head of Tax, APAC with its support for Group Tax in relation to IPO tax planning activities
- Assisting with the implementation of tax technology solutions to be introduced group-wide in relation to the APAC entities
- Assisting with providing support to HR function on payroll taxes and global mobility and share option related matters relating to Mainstream’s APAC locations.
- Prepare and maintain internal papers, keep record of all the decisions making in tax related matters and updating internal tax structures.
What we require?
- Professional tax qualification required as well as a professional accounting qualification and a degree in accountancy
- 5+ years experience to combine professional training and work experience in practice in a Big 4 firm. Experience in an industry role would also be desirable.
- Strong organisational skill with great attention to detail.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative.
- Proven ability to manage a broad workload with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Able to articulate complicated tax concepts in a simple manner to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with flexibility and adaptability required.
- Excellent Excel and presentation skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Flexibility to travel. The role will be based in Singapore but may require travel to other Mainstream locations and/or other locations.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!