A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Grid connected works program management - provide big-picture assistance to the organization and manage / take accountability for deliverables of all aspects of the GCW projects, whilst ensuring alignment of the overall GCW program with Mainstream strategic business objectives
- Define realistic project goals and objectives with individual project managers and other stakeholders
- Project(s) tracking and review – monitor, track and control outcomes, identify and manage risks, resolve conflicts, identify essential dependencies and ensure delivery of critical path activities
- Develop and execute a communication strategy for all the different project stakeholders, including reporting on (inter alia) project status, progress, safety metrics, project risks, environmental compliance and community engagement. The responsibility also includes providing feedback, advice, and encouragement to the project managers and team members. If required, senior PMs will coordinate with external consultants, partners, clients, and suppliers.
- Provide leadership by building and training project teams to expand their capabilities by means of establishing best practices, policies, PM methodologies, risk management, quality assurance and control tools, techniques and templates.
- Analyze monthly construction contractor CPM schedule updates; develop progress payments based on schedule milestone(s) achieved; assist with recovery schedules.
- Prepare and manage detailed project budgets and cashflows per Financial Model / plan.
- Identify risks early and present well thought out corrective action plans.
- Track information needed to manage projects and use this information as basis for corporate, investment and ad-hoc reporting - as required
- Consistently meet deadlines, which may require additional hours beyond a standard work day.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering or the built environment (electrical, mechanical, civil, construction management or quantity surveying) – PMP, SACPCMP (CPM\CM) and / or ECSA registration a bonus
- 10 years (+) previous GCW project management experience - in a senior position
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management
- Extensive working knowledge of the following disciplines and associated systems – HSE, project risk management, quality assurance and control
- Well versed in South African contract/commercial law, environmental requirements and legislation, OHSSA Act including ORHVS regulations, labor law and the BCEA
- Knowledge of Eskom engineering design requirements, policies and procedures
- Excellent understanding of the Eskom asset creation process
- An understanding of the the REIPPPP Grid Code compliance, regulations and process
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with the NSP (Eskom), general contractor personnel, subcontractors, OEM’s, consultants, inspectors, auditors, land owners and other project related parties
- Senior project managers are required to be advocates/champions of continuous learning, process improvement, and project management methodologies within Mainstream
- Detail oriented with the ability to execute at a high level with significant independence
- Superior negotiating skills and a personable negotiator
- Strong verbal, presentation and report writing skills
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Salary contribution to your pension fund
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Generous annual leave, plus a community or charity work day each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance subsidy
- Income protection insurance
- Life cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!