- Reporting to Project Delivery Manager
- Department Legal & Commercial
- Job Location Santiago, Chile Office
- Travel Required Yes, frequent national and international travel
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
The Senior Project Finance Analyst role will support Mainstream’s Commercial team within the different process (Project Finance together with Public and Private PPA tenders). His/her main responsibilities will be to structure portfolios and participate in development key decisions to develop Mainstream’s pipeline of projects.
The role will be expected to assume additional responsibility for commercial activities across Chile and Latin America or individual projects in due course.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Coordinate the project organizing for the Mainstream Portfolios.
- Participate in key decision committees for legal, commercial, development and corporate matters to manage the delivery of projects.
- Manage Project Finance Gantt Charts and Action lists for the project finance processes.
- Coordinate flows of information from Mainstream different experts’ areas to have an efficient due diligence process.
- Support the Project Finance teams in the documentation review and preparation.
- Support the New Business team through project valuation and strategic decision making for projects of Mainstream and new opportunities
- Support the Procurement team in the negotiation for the main construction contract through the financial modelling.
- Coordinate the activities involved in the maintenance of the PPA contracts for Andes Renovables and Pacific Renovables
- Participate in the portfolio structuring and tenders process for PPAs through financial modelling, project elections and conditions of PPA contracts.
- Budget control for the commercial team during financing and structuring processes.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Deep understanding of the Chilean Energy Market and renewable projects.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of financial models and planning.
- Ability to challenge those providing inputs to ensure an accurate representation of the risks and rewards
- People management skills in order to bring together deal teams of multi-disciplinary members including developers, engineers, accountants, lawyers, tax advisors, bankers, and financial professionals.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required for Internal Communication with Senior management and external parts for Liaising with due diligence market, technical and legal advisors
- Experience in renewable energy.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required
- Flexibility to Travel as required
- English and Spanish proficiency are a prerequisite.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.