- Reporting to: Project and Control Lead
- Department: Finance
- Job Location: Santiago Chile Office
- Travel Required: If required
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power has been awarded in the 2016 with 7 tenders, 20 years PPA’s with several distributions’ companies up to 3,3 TW/Year. The USD 2 billion assets platform is under construction, operational phase will be begging gradually but form January 2021. Also, company has a strong business platform under development in LATAM. With multi-company structure, waterfall in Ireland, Spain, Chile, Colombia among others, the position will be responsible to support all financial planning and controlling, operational & energy forecast, project controlling and reporting, plus operational controlling. This position will support the financial intelligence reporting to management, will support all areas with proper business performance control (Construction, Operation, Development), The successful candidate will join the Finance team and will report to Project Controller Lead.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Support the financial controlling process, including budget process for LATAM platform, plus all project (Development and Construction) controlling, and operational (O&M) controlling.
- Follows up Projects, check, control, monitor, forecast movements and scenarios (contingency, cost, commitment, variations, others).
- Keeps up to date all actual Projects costs incurred, accrued commitments and provides monthly rolling forecasts reports noting any variance to the budget
- Ensures the accurate and timely posting of accounting and financial information in the MRP’s software according with Mainstream procedures.
- Regular basis report (weekly / monthly/quarterly / annually) Project(s) Cashflow, Risk, and other relevant reports to the attention of the Project Controller Lead
- Produce all financial project reporting as requested by the project functions or project related units and provides support for timely closure of finance audit recommendations, participate in preparation, implementation, and monitoring of corrective action plans
- Prepare the periodical consolidated Project Review report.
- Support to managing project costs/cash flows and their effects on MRP.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Professional qualification required, degree in business administration, civil engineering, or accountancy with over 10 years of experience in project management, finances, planning, costing, and control.
- Preferably holds a Diploma or Degree in Project Management and a Project Management certification.
- Excellent Excel skills plus ERP management (SAP, Dynamics, Power BI others)
- An efficient and organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel
- Fluent in Spanish and English will be desirable.
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.