- Reporting to: Project and Control Lead.
- Department: Finance.
- Job Location: Santiago Chile Office.
- Travel Required: If required.
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
Summary of Role:
MRP is looking for Senior Project Controller to join our finance area. The position will be responsible for supporting all financial planning and controlling, operational & energy forecast, Project managing and reporting. This position will help the financial intelligence reporting to management and support all areas with proper business performance control (Development, Construction and Operation). The successful candidate will join the Finance team and report to Project Controller Lead.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Support the financial controlling process, including the budget process for LATAM platform, plus all Project (Development and Construction) controlling and operational (O&M) managing.
- Follows up Projects, checks, controls, monitors, and forecasts movements and scenarios (contingency, cost, commitment, variations, others).
- Keeps up to date all actual Projects costs incurred, accrued, commitments, and provides monthly rolling forecasts reports noting any variance to the budget
- Ensures the accurate and timely posting of accounting and financial information in the MRP’s software according to Mainstream procedures.
- Regular basis report (weekly / monthly/quarterly / annually) Project(s) Cashflow, Risk, and other relevant reports to the attention of the Project Controller Lead
- Produce all financial project reporting as requested by the project functions or Project related units and provides support for timely closure of finance audit recommendations, participate in preparation, implementation, and monitoring of corrective action plans
- Prepare the periodic consolidated Project Review report.
- Support for managing project costs/cash flows and their effects on MRP.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Professional qualification required, a degree in business administration, civil engineering, or accountancy with over 10 years of experience in project management, finances, planning, costing, and control.
- Preferably holds a Diploma or Degree in Project Management and a Project Management certification.
- Excellent Excel skills plus ERP management (Dynamics 365, Power BI, Office, others)
- An efficient and organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants
- Strong organisational skills with great attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel
- Fluent in Spanish and English will be desirable.
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.