Summary of Role :
Mainstream Renewable Power (MRP) is looking for a Senior Legal Manager. This person will be responsible for the coordination of all legal work in relation to company structuring, tax planning, project financing and market regulation, reporting to the CFO, Asia Pacific He/She will be a key part of the Mainstream team in negotiations with authorities, distribution companies and a wide range of counterparts in the utilities and commercial sector, in the Asia Pacific region in order to successfully develop, finance and deliver the company´s projects.
What you will do?
- Responsible for drafting and negotiating Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), commercial dealings and for providing legal and regulatory counselling.
- Assume the lead role in designing and drafting lease agreements, land and electrical concessions and easementsConduct further analysis on trial strategy and litigation before court.
- Leading member of the Mainstream team in commercial negotiations on acquisitions, investments, disposals and procurement activities for projects in Asia Pacific
- Supervise the teams in public and private tenders, organizing all documentation relevant to MRP administrative and economic offers and applications,
- Support the Development team in drafting and executing legally enforceable mining rights agreements for relevant land required for MRP projects
- Support the Development team by carrying out title studies, and by drafting and registering lease and easement contracts
- In conjunction with internal teams evaluate, review and present papers for Risk & Investment committee and/or Board approval including market research, deal structuring & valuation
- Support and oversee procurement activities in Asia Pacific, implementing process, forms and relevant authorizations.
- Management of third party legal firms to ensure that the most cost effective third party advice solutions are used on all transactions Mainstream is involved in. Develop a wide network of contacts within the legal community so we have the best advice available to us when needed
- Full Managerial responsibility on specifically assigned projects and managing the workload
What we require?
- Professional law degree, with minimum of 10 years of experience working with commercial transaction, contracts and regulated industries, with 5 years in an international law firm.
- Further specific knowledge of PPA, real estate, finance, utilities, mining rights and corporate governance preferably in power sector is required.
- Experienced in Anglo-Saxon (like Australia, England or US) common law environment
- Strong legal background with commercial acumen would be essential. As well as having a strong legal background, the ideal candidate will be commercially focused and assessing all transactions and projects from an equal legal and commercial viewpoint
- Key KPI’s would include structuring legal contracts that delivers the value and benefits that drives the commercial success for the organization
- Experience in advising complex, strategic projects involving multiple jurisdictions desirable.
- Experience in advising on M&A transaction would be an advantage
- Experience with arbitration, particularly with SIAC (Singapore International Arbitration Center) or ICC
- Knowledge of the local utilities/power market and stakeholders.
- Good English communication and written skills, knowledge of other languages an advantage.
- Ability to engage with individuals of different cultures and socioeconomic background
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Able to anticipate problems and propose viable solutions
- Use own initiative to propose work methodologies and solutions to problems
- Self-confident and respectful of others
- Good team worker and able to multi-task on various topics