We are looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to join our Legal & Compliance department and lead our team of compliance professionals.
This position plays an important role in shaping the company’s compliance culture, which strives to be the best in class. The successful candidate needs to be a business enabler: providing commercially minded and pragmatic regulatory advice. This involves balancing strategic, “big picture” thinking with analytical ability and attention to detail.
Good interpersonal skills are critical. The successful candidate will be able to influence people at all levels (both internally and externally) in a clear, succinct and persuasive way. Building and maintaining a network of contacts across the business will be crucial.
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
This role involves working as part of the wider Legal & Compliance department managing risk within the firm globally. The team works to support all aspects of the business, so there will be exposure to different internal client groups and you will work with colleagues across our international offices. Members of the team come from a range of backgrounds, with each providing a different perspective to assess and deal with issues. Sometimes we collaborate as a team; other times we undertake work individually.
The team is expected to contribute actively to the promotion of a risk management culture at Mainstream.
What you will do
This is a job for a compliance specialist with management skills. The ability to manage an ad hoc daily workload while continuing to advance longer-term projects is key.
In general, the daily work will involve the following:
- Leading on the development and custody of a global compliance culture based on a “tone-from-the-top” and “mood-in-the-middle” approach across diverse cultures and regions. This includes proactively initiating discussions around compliance issues throughout the business
- Communicating with personnel throughout the company, and particularly at senior levels, regarding compliance issues and processes
- Managing disputes and investigations related to compliance
- Managing external advisors on compliance and regulatory issues
- Ensuring overall compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Drafting, updating and implementing internal policies and processes in areas including ABC, AML, sanctions, modern slavery, data protection & privacy
- Designing and rolling-out training programmes related to the above, including organising and running compliance workshops with joint venture and supply chain partners
- Responding to compliance queries from within the business
- Supervising a team of compliance professionals as they:
- Conduct third party due diligence on supply chain partners, joint venture partners and M&A opportunities (using a combination of open-source intelligence and external resources)
- Carry out KYC and AML checks with third parties
- Maintain up to date and accurate internal compliance records (such as registers for gifts & entertainment, conflicts, training attendance)
- Prepare and publish the group modern slavery statement on an annual basis
- Roll-out Directors Compliance Statements for all Mainstream directors on an annual basis
Knowledge & skill requirements – must-haves
- 6-10 PQE: background in a world-class ethics and compliance environment, either in-house or at a top tier law firm, with experience of managing a team
- Experience in leading compliance programme implementation across an international organisation
- Demonstrable understanding of the domestic and international legal frameworks governing compliance programmes including Irish legislation, UK Bribery Act, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Track record of dealing with compliance investigations and related disputes
- Familiarity with all aspects that contribute to an effective ethics and compliance programme for a multi-national energy company
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels, in particular, the ability to explain complex principles to stakeholders and effectively influence decisions makers including the ability to say “No” when needed
- Abreast of international ethics and compliance trends and regulatory changes
- Confident in delivering compliance training both virtually and in person
- Excellent organizational, communication and written skills, with an emphasis on attention to detail
Knowledge & skill requirements – nice to haves
- Fluency in one or more languages where we conduct business in a non-English speaking part of the world
- Prior experience working in a compliance role with a listed company or highly regulated industry
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training and ongoing professional development
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus up to 20%
- Share options
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution (non-contributory)
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Generous annual leave, plus a community or charity work day each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance subsidy
- Income protection insurance
- Life cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
There are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!