- Reporting to: Legal Manager
- Department: Legal
- Job Location: Bogotá, Colombia
- Travel Required: Occasional travel to Mainstream’s projects within Central America and international locations.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of the Role:
The company is looking for a Senior Lawyer who will provide general advice to Mainstream Renewable Power and its affiliates in several matters pertaining to the development, financing, construction and operation of renewable energy projects in Colombia and Central America, including solar and wind farms. The successful candidate will join the team in Colombia and will report directly to the Legal Manager in Chile.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Handling all legal matters proper to the business of Mainstream Renewable Power in Colombia and Central America, including legal advice for the development, construction, financing and operation of renewable energy projects.
- Provide legal support to the biding strategy for next regulated tender and on any private opportunity.
- Legal support in corporate issues, including preparation of board minutes, POAs and handling all the corporate books of MRP entities in Colombia and Central América.
- Compliance with anticorruption laws.
- Legal support in project financing negotiation and compliance.
- Drafting, review, negotiation and management of agreements, including land lease agreements, easements, services agreements and power purchase agreements.
- Liaise with other Mainstream areas in their day-to-day legal requests.
- Advise in project permitting and in the connection process of projects.
- Liaise with external legal counsels.
- Other legal or in-house tasks from time to time as requested by the Legal Manager.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Professional law degree, between five- and eight-years of experience since graduation and at least 4+ years of working experience in energy or infraestructure.
- Knowledge of energy, commercial and civil law is mandatory. Real Estate, financing and administrative law are preferred.
- It is a plus to hold a master’s degree in an international law school, as well as experience working in a reputable law firm or an energy company.
- Ability to think outside the box and accept challenging work is required.
- An advanced level of spoken and written Spanish and English is mandatory.
- Ability to engage with individuals of different cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as negotiation and planning skills.
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory)
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."