Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading global developer of utility-scale wind, solar and BESS power assets with a global footprint. The company has a high-quality portfolio of more than 12 GW of wind and solar assets across Latin America, Africa, Asia Pacific as well as the Offshore wind sector globally.
Mainstream has delivered more than 1.1 GW of wind and solar assets into commercial operation and is currently constructing a further 1.75 GW across Latin America and Africa. The group has raised more than EUR 3 bn in project finance to date and employs more than 300 staff across five continents.
Due to our expanding position, we are recruiting a Senior Investment Associate. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing industry with a leading player and its international blue-chip Partners.
The Investment analyst will support the Investment Manager and the regional commercial teams in providing commercial solutions for Mainstream’s wind, solar and storage projects through the development, construction and operation phases. The successful candidate will focus on assessing investment risk in support of capital
allocation decisions within a pre-determined risk/return threshold.
The role may require travel to other Mainstream offices as well as other countries where the company may or may not have operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the investment and market entry activities for multimillion-dollar projects globally.
- Contribute towards investment review and assumptions included within financial models, highlighting potential efficiencies/risk areas on acquisitions, investments, disposals and associated funding activities.
- Support coordination of due diligence processes.
- Carry out ad hoc deal-specific research.
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required.
- Provide clear financial analysis and communication of results
- In conjunction with internal teams prepare, evaluate and review investment papers including
- Investment opportunities presented by regional commercial, the M&A and other teams
- Provide regular updates and financial analysis on key stakeholders on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- project and investment appraisals and valuations; and
- Apply the Mainstream Valuation Manual across projects and regions including an assessment of CPAM return levels for capital allocation.
- Support the review of financial models and ensure best-in-class assumptions across all regions
- Be an integral part of regular assessments of existing and target markets to include:
- Market overview including government RE targets, policies, regulation, support mechanisms and tariffs
- Form of PPA, its bankability and the merchant market
- Review of PPA opportunities (FiT, auction, corporate, bilateral etc.)
- Project finance market including ECA, DFI’s appetite and terms. Any challenges foreseen
- Return hurdle rates – current and future expectations
- detailed for near-term and high-level review for early stage of financial models for material projects
- Experience and knowledge and understanding of financial models including:
- Analysis of cash flows
- Ability to audit/sense check a financial model quickly and succinctly to ensure outputs are reasonable in order to make quick, correct commercial decisions
- Ability to challenge those providing inputs to ensure an accurate representation of the risks and rewards is prepared and presented
Knowledge and Skill Requirements for the role:
- a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accountancy or Finance or a recognized professional certification (ACA, ACCA, CFA, CAIA) would be an advantage
- At least 2 years experience in financial modelling, valuation, project finance or a related role.
- Knowledge of and experience in the renewable energy sector is desirable but not essential
- Ability to analyze and present qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills essential
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to take initiative. Ability to work unsupervised a necessity but must be able to integrate into multi-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training and ongoing professional development
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus up to 20%
- Share options
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution (non-contributory)
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Generous annual leave, plus a community or charity work day each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance subsidy
- Income protection insurance
- Life cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!