Summary of the Role:
Energy Analyst position at Mainstream’s global Energy Analysis Group (EAG), located in Dublin. A technical role working on Mainstream’s projects in multiple regions, but also involved in defining global EAG standards. The role requires 3-5 years of experience in energy analysis including a demonstrated understanding of wind analysis and development of procedures and tools for energy assessment. The role works closely with global EAG staff, as well as Development, Procurement, Engineering, and Commercial colleagues. The role will also have the opportunity to work on offshore wind projects.
- Providing high quality energy analysis deliverables to multiple project teams.
- Design of optimal site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar project sites, including cost/benefit assessments of different technologies.
- Overseeing installation, maintenance, and decommissioning of temporary met masts, onshore and floating LiDAR units and solar stations, including H&S for these activities.
- Overseeing data collection and quality control to ensure maximum data coverage.
- Wind farm layout design, including LCoE layout optimisation. Preliminary solar farm design.
- Internal wind and solar Energy Production Estimates with the highest possible accuracy, lowest possible uncertainty. These are delivered in accordance with required project timelines.
- Procurement, management and review of third-party energy production and site conditions reports, ensuring optimal service from suppliers.
- Review of technical exhibits to Turbine Supply Agreements.
- Liaising with external parties regarding turbine suitability and solar technology options.
- Communication of site-specific energy production and site condition risks to project teams.
- Energy Analysis due diligence for potential acquisition sites.
- Supporting internal strategy for all aspects of energy analysis and elaboration of annual budgets.
- Ownership, development, and maintenance of proprietary tools and procedures operated by the EAG, ensuring continuous improvement in efficiency and quality of EAG deliverables.
- Review and testing of EAG’s in-house data management and analysis system (using Python/Django)
- Overseeing technical internships.
The above tasks will be carried out following the EAG’s standards.
Knowledge and Skills:
- This role requires 3-5 years of pre-construction wind analysis experience across a range of markets; solar experience an advantage, however training can be provided.
- Graduate with an honours engineering or physical science degree as a minimum.
- Best-practise knowledge of wake modelling, floating LiDAR measurements, and layout design.
- Offshore experience is an advantage.
- Experience working for a lenders’ advisor, OEM supplier, developer, or operator of wind and/or solar projects.
- Ability to define non-standard work requirements within joint ventures and international project teams, and to anticipate and manage the workload accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills, a strong mathematical and analysis background, and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement, self-starter with an inquisitive nature.
- Experience in the use of Openwind, WAsP, Windographer, mesoscale modelling, and PVsyst.
- Experience with WindSim or other CFD wind flow models is an advantage.
- Experience in the analysis of operational wind farms and/or IEC power curve testing is an advantage.
- Programming/software development experience is an advantage. Ideally experienced with SQL, Python, PANDAS.
- Knowledge of data science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, web servers and automation is an advantage; ideally able to put a web interface to internal tools.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Fluency in English; other languages are an advantage.
- Willingness to travel internationally.