- Reporting to: Energy Analyst Manager
- Department: Technical Services
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: If required
Mainstream is a global developer of utility scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of the Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is currently recruiting for a Senior Energy Analyst (wind and/or solar) to support Mainstream’s wind and solar energy development in Chile. The successful candidate will be based in our Santiago office and will be part of the global Energy Analysis Group. This position requires a highly numerate and computer-literate candidate.
The successful candidate will also play a key role in the development of wind and/or solar procedures and standards within the Energy Analysis Group. They will be involved with ensuring that the Energy Analysis Group keeps up to date with industry best practice resource assessment techniques for established and evolving renewable energy technologies.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Production of internal wind/solar resource and Energy Production Estimates with the highest possible accuracy and lowest possible uncertainty. These are delivered in accordance with required project timelines and internal technical standards.
- Management and review bankable third-party energy production and site conditions reports.
- Wind farm turbine layout and solar farm design and energy optimisation.
- Design of optimal site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar sites, including cost/benefit assessments of different technologies.
- Management of the installation, maintenance and decommissioning of temporary meteorological masts, remote sensing units, and solar measurement stations.
- Management of the collection and quality control of meteorological data to ensure maximum data coverage and minimum uncertainty.
- Ensuring meteorological station contractors comply with relevant safety and technical requirements.
- Decision making on best wind/solar analysis methodology to use. · Checking energy production assessments.
- Engineering judgement on final energy production number. · Act as liaison with turbine manufacturers regarding turbine suitability.
- Communication of site-specific energy production and site conditions risks to project teams.
- Review power curve and power performance warranty.
- Provision of quality checking and training for other MRP energy analysts.
- The above tasks will be carried out following the Energy Analysis Group’s standards.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Graduate with an honours engineering or physical science degree.
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in resource assessment. Experience in both wind and solar an advantage.
- Experience in the use of WAsP, WindFarmer, WindPro, PVSyst, Windographer, Openwind or other related resource assessment software essential.
- Experience in reviewing wind and solar data essential.
- Experience in VBA or Python an advantage.
- Exposure to turbine supply contracts an advantage.
- Experience with non-linear flow models (WindSim, Meteodyn…), SODAR and LIDAR an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written Spanish and English.
- Excellent communication skills, a strong mathematical and analysis background, and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
- Willingness to travel to sites which are in generally remote areas.
- Full clean driver’s licence.
- Motivated and self-starter attitude essential.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."