Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia. Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy development company with operations in North America, South America, South Africa, Asia and Ireland.
Summary of Role:
As the Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible to provide expert support on electrical engineering in relation to Mainstream’s business in Chile. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all Mainstream´s projects are well developed in terms of technical quality and current regulation requirements.
What you will do?
- Conceptual and Basic design for renewable energy power plants.
- Define the scope of services and technical requirements for external consultants and contractors.
- Responsible of the technical counterpart for the works carried out by external consultants.
- Prepare the technical elements of Employer's Requirements for EPC contracts.
- Provide technical support to the internal teams.
- Reporting on compliance with relevant design code and contractual obligations.
- Producing technical reports.
What we require?
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching tasks at all time.
- Good IT skills, including experience with MS Word, Excel and Project packages.
- Knowledge of software related to electrical engineering (AutoCAD, DigSilent, PLS-CADD, other).
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written and spoken).
Education and Experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, with background in electrical power systems.
- 10 or more years of demonstrable experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrable experience on designing of electrical generation and transmission projects. Particularly in wind farm/solar farm projects.
- Good knowledge about the Chilean Electrical System and Grid Code
- Good knowledge about International Standards: IEC, IEEE, NEC, NFPA.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.