Senior Development Project Manager
- Reporting to: Portfolio Manager
- Department : Development & Construction
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Frequently
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of the Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power has embarked on the first phase of a 3 year, $2bn construction plan and development a Potfolio of 2700 MW in development phase. The company is looking for a Senior Development Project Manager who will work in look opportunities in LATAM, carry out the projects to Financial Close and keep relationship with landowners, communities, authorities and intern team. The successful candidate will join the Development Team in Chile and will report directly to the Portfolio Manager.
What you will do?:
As Senior Development Project Manager, you will be responsible primarily for managing projects through its Development Phase up to Financial Close is achieved, when the projects are handed over to the Construction Project Manager. Your key responsibilities comprise of the following:
- Review opportunities for wind and solar projects in LATAM, focused in Chile
- Managing the project through its development until financial close process
- Controlling the project budget and schedule
- Lead the relationship with landowners, and stakeholders until Financial Close
- Preparing the engineering package with the engineering and technical team
- Preparing the procurement package with the procurement team to tender for the construction contracts
- Closing out any development issues to the point where the project can pass financial close test.
For the above you will need to
- Liaise and cooperate with other functional and regional teams
- Engaging and managing technical and engineering consultants
- Define and coordinate the preliminary engineering, environmental licenses, stakeholder strategy and grid connection processes during development and preconstruction phase
- Liaise and cooperate with external parties – banks, independent engineers, contractors, authorities, etc.
- Significant autonomy in work, but a strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s procedures and processes (based on PMI® PMBOK®)
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams – Solar & Wind analysis, GIS, engineering, Grid connection, environmental, permits, communications & communities, construction and operation
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on sharing of expertise globally.
What we require?:
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory).
- Our preferred candidate will be educated to engineering degree level, with 7+ years of working experience in development of renewable Projects.
- Managing project development and construction experience in power generation industry. Experience in renewables is an advantage.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels, also in English
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as AutoCAD, MS Project and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English & Spanish.
- Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) is an advantage.
- Project safety –implementing and enforcing Mainstream’s SHEQ processes and procedures.
- Overall project leadership through the relationship with your contractors and consultants.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Annual Aguinaldo
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Annual leave, plus a community or charity workday each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Complementary health insurance
- Life, disability and catastrophic cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!