- Reporting to: Portfolio Manager
- Department: Development & Construction
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Frequently
Mainstream is a global developer of utility scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of the Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power has embarked on the first phase of a 3 year, $2bn construction plan and development a Potfolio of 2700 MW in development phase. The company is looking for a Senior Development Project Manager for Hydrogen projects who will work in look opportunities in LATAM, carry out the projects to Financial Close and keep relationship with landowners, communities, authorities and intern team. The successful candidate will join the Development Team in Chile and will report directly to the Portfolio Manager.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
As Senior Development Project Manager, you will be responsible primarily for managing projects through its Development Phase up to Financial Close is achieved, when the projects are handed over to the Construction Project Manager. Your key responsibilities comprise of the following:
- Review opportunities for wind and solar project in LATAM and Hydrogen opportunities
- Managing the project through its development until financial close process
- Controlling the project budget and schedule
- Lead the relationship with landowners, communities and stakeholders until Financial Close
- Preparing the engineering package with the engineering team
- Preparing the procurement package with the procurement team to tender for the construction contracts
- Closing out any development issues to the point where the project can pass financial close test.
For the above you will need to:
- Liaise and cooperate with other functional and regional teams
- Engaging and managing technical and engineering consultants
- Define and coordinate the preliminary engineering, environmental licenses and grid connection processes during development and preconstruction phase
- Liaise and cooperate with external parties – banks, independent engineers, contractors, authorities, etc.
- Significant autonomy in work, but a strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s procedures and processes (based on PMI® PMBOK®)
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams – Solar & Wind analysis, GIS, engineering, Grid connection, environmental, permits and construction
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on sharing of expertise globally.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory).
- Our preferred candidate will be educated to engineering degree level, with 7+ years of working experience in development of renewable Projects.
- Managing project development and construction experience in power generation industry. Experience in renewables is an advantage.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as AutoCAD, MS Project and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English & Spanish.
- Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) is an advantage.
- Project safety –implementing and enforcing Mainstream’s SHEQ processes and procedures.
- Overall project leadership through the relationship with your contractors and consultants.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."