- Reporting to: Legal Manager, Chile
- Department: Legal
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Occasional travel to Mainstream’s projects within Chile. Occasional travel to international locations.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Corporate Lawyer who will provide general advice to Andes Mainstream SpA and its affiliates in several matters pertaining to the development, financing, construction and operation of renewable energy projects in Chile, including solar and wind farms. The successful candidate will join the Legal Team in Chile and will report directly to the Legal Manager, Chile.
What you will do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Handling several legal matters proper to the business of Mainstream Renewable Power Chile, including legal advice on the development, construction, financing and operation of renewable energy projects.
- Drafting, review, negotiation and management of agreements, including land lease agreements, easements, services agreements, construction agreements, grid connection agreements and power purchase agreements.
- Provide legal support to the biding strategy for public tenders and on any private opportunity.
- Provide legal support on project financing issues, such as drafting, revision, negotiation and compliance with covenants, conditions precedents for disbursements, etc.
- Advise on construction legal issues (such as revision of ageements, amendments, strategies and claims) and in project permitting.
- Ensure all corporate documents and books are updated and in conformity with laws and by-laws.
- Advise in energy law issues.
- Liaise with external legal counsels.
- Liaise with other Mainstream areas in their day-to-day legal requests.
- A key feature of this role will be collaboration, both internally and externally, with the ability to work cross-functionally with all departments, including the project construction and project contract management teams, as well as the asset management team.
- Other legal or in-house tasks from time to time as requested by the Head of Legal or the Legal Manager.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Professional law degree, between six- and nine-years of experience since graduation and at least 4+ years of working experience in renewables.
- Knowledge of energy, commercial and civil law is mandatory. Real Estate, financing and administrative law are preferred.
- It is a plus to hold a master’s degree in an international law school, as well as experience working in a reputable law firm or an energy company.
- Ability to think outside the box and accept challenging work is required.
- A high level of spoken and written Spanish and English is mandatory.
- Ability to engage with individuals of different cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as negotiation and planning skills.
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory)
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.