- Reporting to: Construction Engineering and Commissioning Leader
- Department: Construction
- Job Location: Santiago de Chile
- Travel Required: Intermittent travel to sites in Chile
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of Role :
As Senior Civil Engineer, you will be responsible to provide expert support on civil engineering in relation to Mainstream’s business in Chile. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all Mainstream´s projects are built according either the quality and current regulation requirements.
What you will do?
- Verify the design of the project civil works (foundations, slopes for cuts & fills, roads, platforms, trenches, channels, riverbed crosses, etc.) is according to the employer requirements and the current regulation.
- Support Project Managers in analysing construction works issues and recommending corrective actions.
- Undertaking the Owners Engineer role in front of EPC Contractors.
- Maintain updated technical documentation of the project design properly filed and controlled.
- Reporting on compliance with relevant design code, legislation, constructability and contractual obligations.
- Interfacing with and managing external consultants and contractors.
- Assist in due diligence on project acquisitions in Chile and new markets.
- Prepare the scope of works and the technical requirements needed to procure any either engineering or study required by the projects (e.g. geotechnical investigation, flood studies, topographical studies, foundation designs, transport studies).
- Propose modifications or improvements on Employer’s Requirements based on continuous lessons learnt process.
- Assist on estimate of either bill of quantities and budgets for projects.
- Support the assessment of constructability of green-field and brown-field projects.
What we require?
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work handling pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants
- Show initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching objectives at all time.
- Good IT skills, including experience with MS Word, Excel and Project packages.
- Knowledge of engineering software (AutoCAD, ArcGIS, others).
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written and spoken).
Education and Experience
- A degree in Civil Engineering, with background in structural, geotechnical, transport or hydraulic areas.
- 10 or more years of demonstrable experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrable experience in construction of electrical generation and transmission projects.
- Experience managing internal and external resources.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.