- Reporting to: Finance Controller
- Department: Finance
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Only if required
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
The company is looking for a senior accountant to join our accounting area. We are looking for proactive, dynamic, and results-oriented people, with analytical skills and the capacity to manage themselves.
What will you do?
- General Ledger: Support the full GL for the Chilean companies and other country locations
- as required, including fixed assets, bank & cash and consolidation activities. Meet monthly
- close deadlines to support production of external and management accounts
- Preparation and posting of the Monthly Capitalisation journals for Chilean and other entities.
- Ensuring employee timesheets are completed correctly and on time. Review third party
- project costs to identify and correct posting errors.
- Lease Administration: Ownership of land lease database, updating when new leases are
- signed and alerting the Project Managers when renewals are due. Ensure that leases are
- accounted in compliance with IFRS 16
- Support audit processes including statutory accounts preparation, tax reporting and any
- sales due diligence processes.
- Manage the system support relationships and proyect implementation for Dynamics 365.
- Ensure that all issues raised are logged, tracked and resolved with the local software
- support company.
- Implementation and continuous improvement of internal controls, processes and financial
What we require?
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory).
- A high calibre Chilean qualified accountant (7+ years PQE).
- Strong organisation, communication, interpersonal and management skills required.
- High levels of energy and motivation, with a track record of delivery.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in accounting for multi-jurisdiction/currency transactions.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics or another high-end accounting software package desirable.
- Intermediate English required, Fluent English is a significant advantage
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.