Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading pure-play renewable energy company, with wind and solar assets across global markets, including in Latin America, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. Our mission is to accelerate the global transition to renewable energy by delivering clean, affordable and reliable energy at scale. We are one of the most successful developers of gigawatt-scale renewables platforms, across onshore wind, offshore wind, and solar power generation with a global portfolio of 27 GW. In May 2021, Aker Horizons acquired a majority stake in Mainstream, and in April 2022, Mitsui & Co., Ltd. joined Aker Horizons as a long-term strategic investor. We currently employ over 600 people across 5 continents, and we are always looking for ambitious, driven, and talented people to join us on our mission to drive forward the energy transition.
As Renewable Energy Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the Procurement Manager and the wider procurement team.
The key responsibilities of the role comprise the following:
- Assist with compliance of SHEQ requirements, ensuring these are incorporated into the procurement workstreams for all projects.
- Development of a procurement cost and technology databases.
- Provision of procurement support as required during due diligence, auction, bid and financial close processes.
- Development of procurement strategies and plans for projects.
- Preparation of Request for Proposals (“RfP”).
- Preparation of RfP data rooms and RfP administrative requirements.
- Assist with procurement processes including; contractor prequalification, tendering, negotiation and administration.
- Evaluation of contractor proposals.
- Preparation of recommendation memos.
- Coordination with the procurement team, the engineering team as well as development and construction teams for preparation of the technical Employer’s Requirements.
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams – Commercial, Energy Analysis, Engineering, Development and Construction.
- Administration of revision and quality of procurement documents (drawings, specifications, standards, templates, processes etc.) and integrating lessons learned into Employer’s Requirements with Engineering team.
- Assist the Procurement Manager with cost and schedule estimating, budget preparation, reporting and control.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Energy, Business or Environment.
- 2–3 years industry experience.
- Strong contract management ability and understanding of contracting methodologies.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management. PMI ®; PMP® considered an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience in renewable energy projects considered an advantage.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as MS Project and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English; fluency in other languages considered an advantage.
The Procurement Executive reports to the Procurement Manager.
While this position will be based in Dublin there will be some international travel.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Annual Aguinaldo
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Complementary health insuranc
- Life, disability and catastrophic cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!