Job Location: Tokyo, Japan (other locations in Japan could be a possibility)
Reporting to: Country Representative
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Mainstream RP Japan is uniquely placed to help Japan through the ongoing energy transition in its path to carbon neutrality in 2050. Mainstream is currently owned 58.43% by Aker Horizons, part of the Aker Group, the world’s leading marine structure builder with an unparalleled experience in floating technology and 24.89% by Mitsui & Co.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
The Regulatory Affairs and Stakeholder Manager will be responsible for managing interactions with key stakeholder groups ranging from central government to rural communities. He/she will focus on understanding and reporting to management the shifting regulatory landscape for renewable energy as well as creating real connections with key stakeholders in the communities hosting our projects.
What you will do?
- Actively track regulatory developments in renewable energy in Japan, reporting back to management and making recommendations on actions and strategy
- Work with development managers to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- With international and domestic colleagues develop and execute stakeholder engagement initiatives that both benefit the target group as well as helping Mainstream RP achieve its business objectives
- Represent Mainstream RP at industry organisations both to capture intelligence and represent Mainstream RP’s interests
- Present Mainstream RP at seminars and other industry events effectively communicating Mainstream RP’s unique value proposition in the market place
What We Require:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline.
- Experience gained in a similar role in an organisation active across different stakeholder groups in Japan, this could be a business or NPO
- Strategic mindset, able to read regulatory direction and identify potential opportunities
- A “people person,” able to build good rapport and relationships from the local rural level through to central government decision makers
- Outstanding communications and marketing skills, able to understand and pitch to varying stakeholders group to obtain their respect and buy in
- Able to maintain the respect and confidence of team members
- A self-starter with a "can-do" attitude who demonstrates hands-on accountability for their area of responsibility
- Ability to use Microsoft software packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook is essential
- Driver’s license required
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis is essential. Domestic with some international travel is to be expected.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!