- Reporting to: Quality Manager, Chile
- Department: SHEQ – Technical Services
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: National travel required.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
As a Quality Specialist, you will be responsible for verifying that all the quality requirements established by Mainstream have been properly met either by Contractors or employees, particularly on those projects under construction stage.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Verify compliance with the quality requirements and that the quality control delivers expected outcome.
- Ensure that the appropriate quality standards and the approved procedures are in use.
- Review and approval of Quality Control Plans or Inspection and Testing Plan of contractors and suppliers for Factory Tests, onsite, Construction and commissioning activities. You must ensure that all documentation supporting the Quality Control Plans are stored on the project's document management platform (Sharepoint or the platform defined by MRP)
- Monitor, during the different phases of the project (design, construction, commissioning and operation) the implementation and realization of the activities and controls established in the Quality Plan and Inspection and Testing Plan.
- Ensure that the contractor develops, implements and executes a plan for the conservation and delivery of project records, which must be in accordance with established contractual requirements.
- Provide the necessary assistance, in aspects related to quality, to the development, construction and operation team
- Supervision of the external quality control service (ITO), to ensure correct compliance with the MRP guidelines in the execution of projects.
- Prepare internal audit plans to control internal processes (project team) as well for contractors during the execution of projects, keeping traceability and recording of findings and working with the units involved in the preparation, implementation and control of the plans of action to mitigate all deviations raised during audits.
- Support the project handover processes from construction to operation team.
- Support the Lessons Learned process, from its identification to the implementation of actions that allow for continuous improvement of the processes.
- Report and consolidate the performance indicators of the quality management system.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Significant autonomy in work.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants.
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks.
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching objectives at all time.
- Good IT skills, including experience with MS Office suit and Sharepoint.
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Fluent in Spanish and English at intermediate level (written and spoken).
- Availability for travel to sites when is required
Education and Experience
- Civil Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Civil Constructor or related career
- 10 years professional experience (general) and at least 2-year experiences working in Quality Assurance/Quality Control on Execution/Supervision of Wind Projects.
- Experience in IMS under system based on ISO 9001: 2015
- Knowledge/experience in managing nonconformities and KPIs.
- Knowledge engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) processes related to renewable projects.
- Knowledge and experience in the project handover process, including the preparation of TOP files
These Requirements are a Plus for the Candidates:
- Experience in the Microsoft Power BI analysis tool
- Specific experience in testing transmission and renewable equipment
- Knowledge and management of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards
- Have additional studies in non-conventional renewable energy
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."