Mainstream Renewable Power is the world’s only independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power assets with a global footprint. The company has a high-quality portfolio of more than 12 GW of wind and solar assets across Latin America, Africa, Asia Pacific as well as the Offshore wind sector globally.
Mainstream has delivered more than 1.1 GW of wind and solar assets into commercial operation and is currently constructing a further 1.75 GW across Latin America and Africa.
In Chile, Mainstream’s wholly-owned 1.3 GW of fully contracted wind and solar assets are on track to reach commercial operation from 2021. In Africa, the company has delivered 710 MW of wind and solar assets into commercial operation in South Africa and currently has a 140 MW wind farm in construction there. Through its Lekela Power joint venture in Africa, it has 410 MW of wind assets in construction in Senegal and Egypt.
In Offshore Wind, Mainstream successfully consented Hornsea One (1.2 GW), the largest operational offshore wind plant in the world today; and developed the Hornsea 2 project (1.4 GW) before selling these projects and the entire Zone in 2015. Mainstream fully consented the Neart na Gaoithe offshore wind project in Scotland, 450 MW, currently under construction.
Mainstream’s Soc Trang 1,400MW offshore wind development in Vietnam is one of South East Asia’s largest renewable energy developments.
Mainstream has raised more than EUR3.0bn in project finance to date and employs more than 300 staff across five continents.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream seeks to appoint a Purchasing Manager to support the global Offshore business to proactively procure development-stage preconstruction services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, including tendering and placement of contracts for development-stage studies such as environmental studies and EIAs, engineering studies, geotechnical studies, grid connection contracts, and sundry contracts. The Purchasing Manager will work with development teams to support contracting and supply chain management on established development-stage projects, support early development activities and build trusted relationships with our supply chain.
This role will contribute to the expansion of the company’s global offshore renewable energy footprint work with Offshore development teams ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business needs.
The ideal Purchasing Manager will have strong Contract Management experience for Offshore Wind projects, commercially savvy but with a contracting mind for detail and will be comfortable tendering large contracts for development-stage projects with budgets up to [100m Euros].
Mainstream’s country office is located in Edinburgh but the location of this role can be flexible for the right candidate.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Lead the negotiation and ongoing optimisation of the contracts and closely coordinate with all involved Mainstream functions.
- Supporting Offshore development teams with support on estimating cost, budget management, payment & expenditure management, contract administration, dispute resolution, supplier engagement and general procurement and commercial guidance;
- Responsible for commercial management and administration of contracts to ensure successful delivery in accordance with schedule, budget and quality.
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams to support a project’s development and/or investment process
- Working with development team to ensure contracting mechanisms are in line with Mainstream’s Global Development Standard.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders in the industry.
- Representing Mainstream confidently and knowledgeably in public.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ Years’ experience in a contracts engineer / claims management / commercial manager position.
- Pre & post contract experience, preferably managing Offshore Wind Contracts;
- Strong understanding and a practical application of procurement processes (tender, negotiate, award)
- Experience of estimating cost and budget management
- Experience dealing with contract administration and management, claims and variations.
- Ability to understand the contractual and commercial impact of a (technical) decision.
- Experience of Contract management processes of complex contracts from commencement to close out.
- Experience in offshore wind development & construction stage projects.
- Experience in working with international suppliers and/or consultants.
- Experience of turbine supply agreements, electrical packages and OFTO divestment an advantage.
- Excellent networking skills and strong negotiation and presentation skills
- English skills are essential and a second language would be an advantage.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing and fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.