- Department: Construction
- Job Location: Cape Town
- Reporting to: Senior Contract Manager
- Travel Required: Travel to project sites will be required on a continuous basis
Mainstream is a global developer of utility-scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa has been awarded a total of 2.1 gigawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late-stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines.
In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline. Our partnership with Aker Horizons enables the Company to strive towards our ambitious targets of securing 5.5 GWs of renewable assets to FC and be IPO ready by 2023. In 2022, an equity partnership with Mitsui strengthened our position and continued our growth trajectory across the world.
Mainstream has raised more than €3.0bn in project finance to date and employs over 500 staff across 11 countries.
Summary of Role
As the project planner you will be required to develop and maintain summary level schedules for the projects in construction, this includes utilising your knowledge to provide the required Gantt, milestone charts to the project team. Furthermore, it will be expected that you identify/ use the required tools to undertake critical path analysis to effectively illustrate resource allocations of contractors on the projects in construction. Auditing the contractor’s ability to perform its key performance requirements on a continual basis to those key performance targets provided at contract signature.
Evaluating contractor recovery, corrective action plans and to provide project management team with recommendations and inputs as and when required.
Support the project management team in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects, including dashboard maintenance. Work in collaboration with project management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting.
Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems. Maintain accurate records/paperwork and facilitate and participate in weekly schedule reviews. Provide training to project team to learn or increase skills in project scheduling company wide.
What you will do?
- Create, maintain, review and administer the construction programme master schedule and associated individual project schedules for all construction projects.
- Liaise with project managers, engineers and site-based staff to track progress on the projects
- Report on projects progress, with a clear illustration of the critical path activities
- Produce forecasts for project team, evaluation of key performance metrics, ongoing review of contractor resources and their ability to achieve key milestones
- Liaison with external contractors and suppliers ensuring up to date project plans
- Gather and analyse information to prepare reports on the progress of projects.
- Frequent on-site visits to review construction progress and reporting of findings to the project management team
- Providing early warnings of scheduling conflicts with contractors that will delay the projects, which may require contractor remedial actions
- Providing scheduling assistance to the broader company within other business areas, including commercial, development from early project development through commercial works streams to financial close on the projects.
What we require?
- Minimum of 5 years of construction scheduling experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using MS Project
- Subject matter expert – management of a multi-project integrated master schedule and the associated individual detailed project schedules
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Ability to build effective interpersonal relationships and contribute to a positive / productive team environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational, time-management and written/oral communication skills.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Salary contribution to your pension fund
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Generous annual leave, plus a community or charity work day each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance subsidy
- Income protection insurance
- Life cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!