- Reporting to: Project Finance Manager, Latam
- Department: Commercial & Legal
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: International Travel
Mainstream is a global developer of utility scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of the Role:
The Sr. Associate will be in charge to deliver the projects from development to financial close and construction ensuring that comply with multilateral and Project Finance banks standards.
The candidate’s main responsibilities will be to lead due diligence processes, structure portfolios, financial models, participate in development key decisions and propose financing structures to improve Mainstream investments in the different platforms.
The candidate will support the Project Finance Manager in the negotiations with lenders and potential investors processes. The role will be supporting by assessing requirements and reviewing documentation from the senior lenders, advisors or other parties involved in the Project Finance processes.
This role will work closely with the different areas within the company such as Legal, Procurement, Construction, Engineering, Finance and Development.
The role requires detailed knowledge of technical and project development, project finance, energy markets, and legal conditions for renewable projects in Chile and the interaction of these in a deal.
The role will also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required. The role could require travel to other Mainstream offices.
What you will do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Lead Due Diligence process with lenders and consultants (Legal, Market, Technical, Tax and Financial Model)
- Review Due Diligence reports and challenge consultants’ statements that affects Mainstream returns and business model.
- Support the Project Finance Manager in the Financing Agreements review (i.e. Credit Agreement, Equity Contribution Agreement, Accounts Agreement, VAT Facility Agreement, Direct Agreements, Letter of Credits)
- Participate in key decision committees for legal, commercial, development and corporate matters to manage the delivery of projects.
- Manage Project Finance Gantt Charts and Action lists for the project finance process
- Coordinate flows of information from Mainstream different experts’ areas to have an efficient due diligence process.
- Participate in portfolio structuring and tenders process for PPAs
- Assist new business team on financing structures, market and modelling conditions (tax, accounting and project finance modelling and structuring)
- Lead commercial analysis of project decision according with Mainstream strategy in each case.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Finance, preferably in the energy sector with demonstrated ability to lead structuring and execution of Project Finance transactions.
- Deep understanding of the Chilean Energy Market and renewable projects. Knowledge of the Colombian Energy Market is a plus.
- Knowledge of documents for Project Finance processes
- Financial modellling proficient level including:
- Analysis of cash flows and financial structures
- Recognition of cash flow sensitivities for stake holders in a model (equity, senior debt, mezzanine debt, bridging equity) in order to make well informed decisions during commercial negotiations
- Ability to challenge those providing inputs to ensure an accurate representation of the risks and rewards
- People management skills in order to bring together deal teams of multi-disciplinary members including developers, engineers, accountants, lawyers, tax advisors, bankers, and financial professionals.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required for Internal Communication with Senior management and external parts for Liaising with due diligence market, technical and legal advisors
- Experience in renewable energy.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required
- Flexibility to Travel as required
- English and Spanish proficiency are a prerequisite.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."