- Reporting to Project Finance Manager LatAm
- Department Legal & Commercial
- Job Location Santiago Chile Office
- Travel Required Yes, frequent national and international travel
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
The Project Finance will oversee all Project Finance activities performed by Mainstream in the Chilean and Latam markets. His/her main responsibilities will be to negotiate with lenders and potential investors debt terms and conditions and legal documentation, manage due diligence process, supervise financial models’ inputs and propose financing structures to improve Mainstream investments in the different platforms.
Furthermore, he/she will provide advice and negotiate to negotiate our acquisition, investment, disposal, partnership, procurement and funding activities in onshore markets, particularly in Latam. This will require to establish and maintain a professional relationship with commercial banks, multilaterals, insurance companies, ECAs and potential mezzanine debt providers.
The Project Finance Manager will focus predominantly on chilean market but also looking after the Americas region in order to assist with Mainstream’s expansion into other Latin American Markets.
This role will work closely with the Mainstream Renewable Capital Team and different areas within the company such as Procurement, Construction, Development, Engineering and Operations.
The role will also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required. The role will require travel to other Mainstream offices.
The role requires excellent commercial negotiation skills, detailed knowledge of legal documents and the interaction of these in a deal. Time and people management skills are essential as well as excellent sales skills.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
Pacific Renewables and Colombia financing
- Review and negotiate all Financing Documents (i.e., Credit Agreement, Equity Contribution Agreement, Accounts Agreement, VAT Facility Agreement, Direct Agreements, Letter of Credits)
- Manage the investor relations with the Mandate Lead Arrangers
- Supervise Due Diligence process with lenders and consultants (Legal, Market, Technical, Insurances, Tax and Financial Model)
- Support projects key decisions
- Coordinate flows of information from Mainstream to assist the Mandate Lead Arrangers in their credit approval processes
- Coordinate the conditions precedents to reach financial close among the different areas of Mainstream and consultants
- Manage the first disbursement of the financing (conditions precedents, etc.)
- Coordinate the launching of the financing process for the platform
- Manage the financing structures analysis to improve Mainstream returns according with Mainstream strategy
- Support projects key decisions
- Manage the execution of the Financing Documentation
- Support in acquisition/investment/tender/bidding/PPA activities
- Support in bilateral PPAs negotiations to make sure that they are bankable
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Deep Project Finance experience in a top financial institution.
- Deep knowledge of legal documents (Credit Agreements, Equity Contribution Agreements, Accounts and Collateral Agreements, mezzanine facilities, VAT facility agreements, PPAs, Security documents)
- Deep understanding of the Chilean Energy Market.
- Experience in renewable energy sector or participation in renewable energy deals.
- Review and present papers for the Risk & Investment committee or for Board approval, including market
- research, deal structuring and valuation
- Experience and understanding of financial models
- People management skills to bring together deal teams of multi-disciplinary members including developers, engineers, accountants, lawyers, tax advisors, bankers, and financial professionals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- People management skills in order to bring together deal teams of multi-disciplinary members including developers, engineers, accountants, lawyers, tax advisors, bankers, and financial professionals
- Ability to analyze qualitative & quantitative information for decision making
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required
- Negotiate directly with third parties and their advisors for investment
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Flexibility to Travel as required
- English and Spanish proficiency are a prerequisite.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.