Job Location: Singapore
Reporting to: Project Finance Associate
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
The Project Finance Analyst will report to the Project Finance Associate and support the Commercial team and regional platforms in preparing, building and optimizing financial models. In conjunction with other members of the Commercial Team, this role will manage the modelling process from the Mainstream side, managing the lenders’ valuation and operating models for the projects as well as Mainstream’s investment portfolio model.
The role will also involve sourcing, structuring and executing commercial solutions for Mainstream’s wind, solar and storage projects. The role will provide first hand exposure to private equity, investment banking and M&A activities and would suit an ambitious candidate keen to establish a strong foundation within financial modelling before progressing to take more responsibility for project financing or M&A work and commercial negotiations.
The role will also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required. The role will require travel to other Mainstream offices as well as other countries where the company may or may not have operations (conditions permitting).
What you will do?
- Design, build and maintain highly complex financial models for renewable energy projects
- Perform regular audit/sense check of financial models and its inputs to ensure outputs are reasonable in order to make quick and correct commercial decisions
- Take responsibility for structural integrity and functionality of models including different accounting, tax and regulatory requirements of the various APAC markets
- Work with the Commercial team to assess and execute project investments. This includes conducting due-diligence, financial review, preparation of investment paper and presentation materials for investment committee etc.
- Support the acquisition, investment, tender, bidding and financial close activities of multi-million dollar projects globally
- Contribute towards commercial negotiations and assumptions included within such models, highlighting potential efficiencies / risk areas on acquisitions, investments, disposals and associated funding activities
- Support coordination of Due Diligence Processes
- Carry out ad-hoc deal specific research
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required
- Provide clear financial analysis and communication of results
What we require?
- Relevant Financial qualification with at least 1-2 years’ experience in financial modelling
- Renewable Energy or wider energy industry experience is desirable but not essential
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required
- Commercial awareness and ability to highlight potential efficiencies / areas of concern within models that require further analysis or support
- Understanding of Financial Statements and concept of accounting
- Ability to analyse qualitative and quantitative information for decision making
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Office Suite
- Flexibility to travel as required
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!