Summary of Role :
The Development Manager will be responsible for the full range of development activities from project inception through to the commencement of construction for renewable energy projects including wind, solar PV and battery storage. Activities will cover all aspects of development including the identification of new development opportunities, securing land tenure, obtaining consents, community consultation and stakeholder management.
What you will do?
- Identify and develop renewable energy projects consistent with the company goals and objectives
- Develop, maintain and promote the business case for each development project
- Ensure projects are developed in accordance with Mainstream’s policies and procedures and in accordance with all applicable legislation
- Manage effectively and professionally all relevant development activities utilising internal and external resources to deliver quality projects in accordance with Mainstream’s Global Development Standards, corporate values and processes
- Deliver assigned tasks on time, budget and to agreed quality
- Negotiate and secure property agreements with landowner(s) to provide appropriate rights to develop, construct and operate renewable energy facilities
- Secure all third-party consents necessary to build and operate renewable energy facilities
- Manage aspects of the grid connection process
- Maintain effective communication with all external stakeholders and the project team and prepare and present progress reports to senior management
- Manage community and stakeholder consultation on relevant projects
- Coordinate the technical aspects of the due diligence process, reviewing early stage opportunities including teasers and IM’s and assessing project viability
What we require?
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Energy, Business or similar.
- Significant renewable energy development experience (7+ years)
- Demonstrable knowledge of the renewable energy industry, policy and regulations
- Having solid experience working with related stakeholders in the energy sector of Vietnam (MOIT, EVN, NPT, Ax, ERAV,…)
- Strong understanding of the development process including site identification, constraints analysis, grid connection and permitting process in Vietnam
- Excellent commercial and technical risk management knowledge and skills
- Strong project management skills with experience managing internal and external resources
- Good analytical and quantitative skills, expertise with project valuation and financial analysis
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Able to think conceptually and strategically
- Use own initiative to propose work methodologies and solutions to problems
- Ability and willingness to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Able to maintain the respect and confidence of team members
- A self-starter with a "can-do" attitude who demonstrates hands-on accountability for their area of responsibility
- Excellent persuasion skills, a good networker and a good negotiator
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to use Microsoft software packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook is essential
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis is essential
- Vietnamese and English fluency is a must.